Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 3.19.33

9 Comments
26 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Beta Build 3.19.33

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose “Include me on early releases” on the Settings page.

9 Replies
Super User II

Re: Beta Build 3.19.33

The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

To be honest the lack of a list makes us all think otherwise.... 

Change log? 

Information on what exactly we are beta testing? 

ANYTHING?!

Super User

interesting!?!?!

I don´t understand what happened but obviously we became only laboratory rats!

Or did you ever hear that somebody explains the tests to such rats??

Super User II

Another beta build this close to the last one (2016-04-21) and no change log? Something must have changed to warrant another new build so soon. What is it?

The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Previously those improvements and fixes were listed in these threads. Why has that stopped?

Level 8

On my home desktop this build has solved the print-screen hotkeys being reserved even with the capture option not enabled!

But I had to recycle the option, I guess that previous versions left something dirty into the configuration...

So to solve the problem:

1. install this beta
  2. activate the screenshot capture, click OK
  3. reopen the preferences
  4. de-activate the capture, click OK

Now hotkeys shouldn't be reserved!

Ciao
Giangi

Level 1

"The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes." But we won't tell you what they are. Maybe we'll fix your bug reports, maybe not... Unfortunately, Dropbox keeps going down and down and down in terms of customer service... :-(

Level 7

"what exactly we are beta testing?"

For me? Nothing. I'll wait until the release, or release notes.

Level 1

the registry is still getting spammed after each self-update :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xb8zum7gggv3em/3_19_33_registry_spam.png

Level 4

Not sure if this is an old bug or a regression, but if I drag a file out of the Dropbox to my home folder, it still shows the little overlay icon. It does disappear when I close that Finder window and reopen it, so this is really quite a minor nuisance. The problem doesn't appear if I copy the file instead of moving it. OS X 10.11.5 Beta (15F24b)

Level 1

And this is why there are no release notes. (I think?)

http://www.cnet.com/news/dropbox-to-offer-new-feature-designed-to-save-you-hard-drive-space

I assumed that if they are not telling us anything its because they are working on a new feature they not ready to share. I could be wrong. Or this is just the new way they are doing business. Though, they could move the beta forums to a private log on version and make everyone sign an NDA.

I hope as a free user I can test out the feature. I like the idea of keeping the file on dropbox to save disk space, since a lot of computers with SSD drives don't have 1 TB of free space. Okay, almost all of them. And soon Dropbox might increase their limit to 2 TB. Well, one could hope!