cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 31.3.23

Beta Build 31.3.23

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

7 Replies 7

djc0
Explorer | Level 3
Is there a way to find out the change log?

djc0
Explorer | Level 3
OK i see now from reading some of the other posts that Dropbox doesn't release change logs. WTF?!?!

I think the latest release introduced a bug and i'm trying to figure it out. Really hard with zero information about what they've changed on my computer with the latest stable release, and if any of the beta builds are meant to address it.

ernstMreicher58
Super User

You are right!

Hundreds of us look at the always identical message:

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

How would you explain this to a client or answer if he/she says: "Are you kidding me?"

Mark
Super User II

@djc0 wrote:
OK i see now from reading some of the other posts that Dropbox doesn't release change logs. WTF?!?!

I think the latest release introduced a bug and i'm trying to figure it out. Really hard with zero information about what they've changed on my computer with the latest stable release, and if any of the beta builds are meant to address it.

Absolutely ridiculous and lazy decisions from Dropbox isnt it? 

I've stopped using any of the Betas for that exact reason. 

mojojd
Explorer | Level 3

Can someone explain to me the difference between the builds that start 13..... and 31..... ?

Rich
Super User II
The 13.X.X versions are quite old now. They likely won't allow you to connect with them anymore. The 3X.X.X versions are all recent.

The latest stable build is 30.4.22.
The latest beta build is 31.3.23.

Mark
Super User II

@Rich wrote:
The 13.X.X versions are quite old now. They likely won't allow you to connect with them anymore. The 3X.X.X versions are all recent..

and @mojojd - that seems to be the only difference.....

Need more support?