Wanna become a Super User? Learn more about it here

Beta Build 4.3.22

11 Comments
23 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer
May

Beta Build 4.3.22

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose “Include me on early releases” on the Settings page.

11 Replies
Dropboxer
May

Re: Beta Build 4.3.22

Read all about our new versioning scheme (aka why is this version 4.3.22) right here!

May

An interesting way of numbering versions with the latest build. But I think it is more convenient to write version.bild.channel (4,22,3). Then the version will be easy to relate on the issue of time and determined by the last digit of release channel.

Интересный способ нумерации версии с последним билдом. Но, мне кажется, удобнее писать версия.билд.канал (4,22,3). Тогда версия легко будет соотносится по времени выпуска и по последней цифре определяться канал выпуска.

Level 1
May

New versioning scheme makes sense.... What doesn't is a continuing lack of changelogs!

Level 1
May

When would Project Infinite be available? It would be a huge deal for me.

Also, release notes still has 3.19.35 as the newest testing version. 

Level 1
May

When I noticed the huge difference in version number from 3.20.1 (on the public Install Dropbox page) and 4.3.22 (automatic update on my OS X 10.10.5 iMac), I thought something was horribly wrong.

As I started to open a new discussion about 4.3.22, suggestions of related topics quickly led me to this discussion, with Josh K's link to the description of the new numbering scheme.

I'm disappointed that this announcement of Beta Build 4.3.22 provides no release notes to indicate the major or minor differences between 3.20.1 and 4.3.22.

Level 5
May

I thought the last beta was supposed to give us placeholders where your entire Dropbox contents is listed under the Dropbox folder and those only on the cloud would have a cloud icon.

Level 1
May

What happened to release details?  You guys used to be so great about communicating what was changing / being added / fixed :(

Super User
May

I thought the last beta was supposed to give us placeholders where your entire Dropbox contents is listed under the Dropbox folder and those only on the cloud would have a cloud icon.

The feature was announced as upcoming, but no date has been released from what I've seen. Also, keep in mind that this feature was announced on the Business blog. Nothing has been said about the feature being available to everyone. Everything right now points to it being a Business/Enterprise account feature. We all hope it's available to everyone, or at least Pro accounts as well, but nothing said to this point indicates that.