Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 5.3.19

11 Comments
7 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Beta Build 5.3.19

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose “Include me on early releases” on the Settings page.

11 Replies
Level 1

Re: Beta Build 5.3.19

Changelogs?? If you can write a new help center article about a change, surely you could have mentioned it here too?

Also, any news on fixing the (desktop environment agnostic) bugs under linux?

Also, any news on fixing the linux client to adhere to standards, so that it is completely desktop agnostic? (If it isn't, it's a clue there is a bug in your code!!)

Level 1

This build constantly hangs (but keeps sucking resources), even when I try to quit it forcefully (to preserve battery life, as Dropbox is #1 hog in the system). 

Same behaviour on two diff. generations Macbook Pros, El Capitan 10.11.6, 

1TB DB account. 

Level 1
Level 1

All that I have to say based on my experience with Dropbox, it is working FLAWLESSLY !!! 

I haven't have a single issue with it since I signed up.

Thank you! 

Level 1

this version seems to handle my high volume of files a lot better then any of the versions since version 3.

Would love a change-log though...

Level 2

Working OK here and nothing resource wise of too much concern aside from the new Web Helper for OS X (discussed here - near bottom), which adds some overhead, though seems negligible. Still unsure why CEF is better than the built in JS and WebKit frameworks of OS X as my understanding that’s what CEF does. Without full notes though it’s hard to say as no clue what the helper is doing.

HOWEVER my question is why is the install image now nearly twice as big? We’ve gone from just shy of 50mb to shy of 93mb. Has anyone analysed the package and identified what’s happening here? Does the increased size add more than just the web helper and aside from my observation of negligible affects on resources have others noticed an increased use of resource or is the fact they’re adding more mean maybe they haven’t yet fully optimised the code leading to larger package size? 

Level 1

How do I get off the beta build? I've uninstalled the Beta, downloaded the Stable installer and I still get updated/pushed the Beta build after one reboot. This is really frustrating.

Dropboxer

Hi Shahriar-

Can you confirm that "Include me in early releases" is unchecked in your preferences window?

Level 1

Hi James,

I appreciate the assistance!

I don't see that being an option when I open Preferences in the App. I'm using Mac OS and the app version is v5.3.20.

I only see General, Account, Import, and Network tabs with nothing that remotely looks like "Include me in early releases".

Can you direct me to where to find this setting?