cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 59.3.89

Beta Build 59.3.89

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

5 Replies 5

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for using Dropbox and helping test our beta build! Here are the user visible changes in v59:

• Minor UI update to the Dropbox badge on Mac
  • Improved Dropbox badge responsiveness after closing a window on Mac
  • Fixed errors when opening certain Online-Only (Smart Sync) files
  • Other minor fixes and improvements

rman
New member | Level 2

seems this version has a problem with the in app notifications of files updated or uploaded by others (in shared folders). I have this version running on both my MacBook as my Windows 10 PC and in the Recent Files section (desktop app homepage view) I only see changes I made. Files others change or upload to shared folders are not mentioned in this Recent Files section. So there is no way to know if someone has added or changed shared files/folders.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rman! I've reported that issue internally. Do you know if you used to see changes made by others in the Recents Files tab?

rman
New member | Level 2

@samertm in previous versions of the desktop app yes, I saw changes others made, so I could easily see if someone added or changed a file. However I do not recall seeing changes made by others in this beta version.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rman,

If you upgrade to the latest beta build (you may have already been autoupdated to it), v60, there should be a new "Team Activity" tab in your tray that will show you the events occurring on a file and the users who are making those changes. If that isn't the case, please let me know. 🙂

You're currently part of a group that is opted into the Early Release programfor  Dropbox products. If you would like to revert to the existing Dropbox Desktop Tray, you can do so at any time from your account settings on the Dropbox website by going to https://www.dropbox.com/account and turning off "Early releases". More information about our early access program can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/alpha-beta-product.

Need more support?