Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 6.3.13

19 Comments
65 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Beta Build 6.3.13

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose “Include me on early releases” on the Settings page.

19 Replies
Level 8

Re: Beta Build 6.3.13

<Insert obligatory request for release notes here> 

Super User II

The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Really? 

The amount of users Dropbox is alienating at the moment with this is ridiculous. 

Level 1

Hmmm - without release notes, I can't be bothered checking for myself. So I'll just ask.Does this new build fix:

• The "Start Dropbox on system startup" checkbox doing absolutely nothing under linux?   
  • The failure to use statusnotifiers instead of the old-fashioned xembed system (so that it actually works cross-DE) on linux?

Also, does it include anything like Project Infinity yet - and will that ever be coming to Linux?

Level 1

Did bother checking if Dropbox still needs the "dbus-launch" hack to get it working with a GUI. Unfortunately, I can report that nothing has been done to fix this. :-(

Level 7

mmm so you're running two beta versions in parallel (6.3.13 and 5.3.23), without release notes. Interesting.

Super User

It´s ridiculous: version numbers are leaping from number to number but no changes visible!!!!

Where are the times where I could "see" changes.

Now without release notes not even hidden changes can be guessed.

????????

Level 1

Please return to posting release notes that detail changes and new features.

Here's a change.org petition for those interested in supporting this: https://www.change.org/p/dropbox-start-posting-dropbox-release-notes-again

Super User

winking face

Level 1

just fix the existing code. what is wrong with your programmers? (: