Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 7.3.25

7 Comments
13 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Beta Build 7.3.25

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose “Include me on early releases” on the Settings page.

7 Replies
Level 1

Re: Beta Build 7.3.25

Such as?

I'd seriously recommend anyone who uses one of their mobile apps to give it a 1 star rating on the basis of Dropbox refusing to give us any information anymore...

Level 1

If you don't like that Dropbox isn't publishing change logs, why don't you use another service?

Level 1

Hi @Greg!

I don't use another service, because Dropbox does provide a reasonable service to me. (Despite their failure to actually fix bugs, I can work around those). If anything, I appreciate Dropbox so much that I expect better of them! (And the fact that they *used* to be good at this is simply disappointing.)

Furthermore, these are beta builds - which means that if we use them we are meant to be testing the service for Dropbox. How does one test something if one doesn't know what has changed? For instance, I have reported several bugs to Dropbox. If Dropbox doesn't give any indication as to what they've fixed, it leaves it up to me to check every version to see if they have actually fixed it. Simply lazy on Dropbox's part - since they presumably *know* what they've fixed (or haven't fixed). Lazy on my part? Maybe - but I'm the one doing free QA for Dropbox...

TLDR: Dropbox provides a great service, but if they expect beta testers to support them, they should treat them well (like they used to).

Level 7

Also, the Windows offline installer URL is wrong. Again.

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=7.3.25&plat=windows&type=full is correct.

Level 1

Version after version, STILL THE SAME UI BUG.

If you double click on tray icon, a popup window flashed (open+close) and then the explorer folder is shown. This is bad, because if you doubleclick when the system is starting up, it stay stuck on the popup screen, and the tray icon become urresponsive until it is fully initialized, this can require 30 seconds or more.

Please, correct this UI BIG. When user doubleclick the tray icon on windows, just open the explorer, DO NOT initialize popup while indexing at startup. It will LOCK DOWN your system.

Also, RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON should show contextual menu, NOT popup screen.

Dropboxer

Hi @Dave - 

Thanks for catching that.  I've changed the link for the Windows offline installer and it should now be correct.  

Thanks,

Jessica

Level 1

B. Excellent