Wanna become a Super User? Learn more about it here

Beta Build 8.3.16

25 Comments
49 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer
August

Beta Build 8.3.16

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose “Include me on early releases” on the Settings page.

25 Replies
Super User
August

Re: Beta Build 8.3.16

The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Thing is Jessica - we dont believe you any more. 

In APRIL AND MAY you told us you would look at ways of putting change logs back on these sites. Since then nothing has come back at all. You basically lied to everybody hoping things would go away. It hasn't though. 

All you and your team are personally now doing is alienating users and making them look at alternatives. Me included - somebody who has been here since the very start. I've just started a new project with some new suppliers and we've decided to go with OneDrive instead of Dropbox - for this exact reason. The reason being we no longer trust Dropbox. I keep finding things 'changed' on my Dropbox software and I dont know if its a beta test, a bug, or a new feature. You are so secretive over the release notes then I'm sorry but I cannot trust you with my data anymore. 

Level 1
August

Latest OneDrive releases are a very good alternative to Dropbox.

Level 5
August

Any other Dropbox alternatives I should consider? It needs to work seamlessly across Mac, Linux and Windows, and I need to be able to upload photos from my iPhone too.

Super User
August

We're all unhappy about the missing release notes, but these forums are for the support and discussions of Dropbox and their other properties. The forums are not for the discussion of alternatives or products from other companies. Please keep your discussions on topic. Thank you.

Level 1
August

Hi

This update has stopped a key piece of software from working. I have the user prefs synced across machines with dropbox. This is the second recent update to do this. I am not impressed with this at all.

Level 1
August

Come on Dropbox sort it out. I have been trying to get my company to adopt Dropbox across the whole team. I cant recommend DB if it kills the key piece of software.

Paul

Super User
August

You haven't explained HOW Dropbox caused another piece of software to stop working. Dropbox cannot look into such items unless you provide them with specific information. What is the other software? What version is it? What operating system and version are you running? How does this other software relate to Dropbox?

I've never known Dropbox to cause another piece of software to stop working as Dropbox does not interface with any other software.

Level 1
August

Thanks for the aggressive argument from incredulity.

August

I will stop paying with the next cycle. I love testing beta software, but without change logs you lost me. Pretty alienating behaviour.