cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 90.3.292

Beta Build 90.3.292

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

8 Replies 8

Matt F.16
Collaborator | Level 9

Will this update help with the endless "Syncing...." so many of us are experiencing?

abemast
Explorer | Level 4

I've been expierencing the same. Yesterday it said "performing one time update" and now just "syncing". I need this fixed asap! 😞

Markus S.
Helpful | Level 6

Seems to be a bug: Since last update to version 90.3.292 it tells me "uploading 0,0 per second" and I don't see the traffic speed anymore. Uploading seems still working OK (can't say definively cause of missing speed information). (Am just oploading near 120 GB data with a 40 MBit/s connection. So it usually takes longer for upload.)

Typpi
Helpful | Level 6

Normally it takes a little while to index the files, if it doesnt start after 30 mins then yea. thats a big issue.

WhiteRabbit
Helpful | Level 5

Sadly has not fixed the endless syncing bug for me...

Jason S.45
Explorer | Level 4

All of a sudden all my downloads of image files are being shunted into my Screenshots folder. Downloads of image files are not screen shots! I saved a JPEG out of Preview to my desktop today and it was swept into the Screenshots folder. Something's out of control here.

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

Could you clarify what you mean? How are images saved to the desktop folder being saved to Dropbox?

When you save an image to Dropbox in some other folder, is it being copied  to Screenshots? Does it happen for all jpg images?

AlignAdmin
Explorer | Level 4

*** I HAVE FOUND A SIGNIFICANT AND LASTING BUG IN THIS EARLY RELEASE ***

This BUG will effect any WINDOWS user that has any folder in your dropbox folder with exlicitly assigned windows user permissions. This BUG is sadly in the release version also 😞

I post here after contacting DROPBOX directly as they DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Steps to replicate the fault

Create a "NEW FOLDER" in your dropbox folder.

Add a explicit user permission to the folder "OtherUser with Read & Execute rights"

Add a file to the folder via the web interface or another syncing device.

Check the permission on the uploaded file, no explicit permission exists.

I have completed this and supply an image shoing the folder explict permission for OtherUser and the uploaded via the web interface example file that does not have the explict permission.

See below...

Example.png

I post here as any one would think the Dropbox app was created in germany as it seems that any mention of a fault in a relased version just gets a head buried in the sand reply of "I see nothing!" (Shultz from Hogans Heroes).

Can others please cast your coin if you can replicate this.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AlignAdmin Explorer | Level 4
    nikhilm Dropbox Staff
    Jason S.45 Explorer | Level 4
    WhiteRabbit Helpful | Level 5
    Typpi Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?