Beta Build 9001.1002.75 (21.1.8)

Um... Guys?

0b7c406330bdc75aea919f98ea49263b.png

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Beta Build 9001.1002.75 (21.1.8)

Thanks for your reports, and we’re sorry for the confusion. We wanted to address some of the questions in this thread:

• What happened?  We inadvertently rolled out an internal build of the Dropbox client to some of our users this morning. If you have the internal build, you’ll see a jump in the client build number (9xxx). Rest assured, your files will continue to sync normally.

• What next? We’ve rolled out an initial update that returns users to the public build. We’re working on a second update that will revert the build numbering. Alternatively, you can uninstall your current client and manually reinstall v19.

Many thanks.

12 Replies
Super User

Still no release notes I see ;o)
Level 4

I got this (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-OSX-app-version-21/td-p/205879). I'm on stable channel as well. That's a disaster! Was really scared because of the big version number jump. There was also a big weird popup that said something like "what's new" and when closed it quit the entire Dropbox menubar app. I'm on Mac OSX btw. Thought it was malware, doing antivirus scans as I speak...

That's the final straw I think, Dropbox is really going downhill and communication is in the dump. It was bad enough that there were no changelogs... Going to check out other cloud storage solutions now I think...

Level 2

Ubuntu 16.04 Updated to this version , and got a message " Dropbox wants to install Infinite. ( I denied access) I am personnaly not happy with infinite.
Level 4

I have been automaticaly updated to version 9001.1002.81 on two of my PCs !!!!!!

WTF !!! In am not on the Beta account at all !

Solution
Dropboxer

Thanks for your reports, and we’re sorry for the confusion. We wanted to address some of the questions in this thread:

• What happened?  We inadvertently rolled out an internal build of the Dropbox client to some of our users this morning. If you have the internal build, you’ll see a jump in the client build number (9xxx). Rest assured, your files will continue to sync normally.

• What next? We’ve rolled out an initial update that returns users to the public build. We’re working on a second update that will revert the build numbering. Alternatively, you can uninstall your current client and manually reinstall v19.

Many thanks.

Super User

Thanks for the update, Ross, and the quick resolution!

Now... how about some change logs? (Sorry, I just had to slip that one in.)
Level 4

Ross S: Many thanks indeed. Now goodbye Dropbox. You realize you're putting my data at risk when you suddenly switch me to som internal beta/alfa build?
Super User

As version numbers are going up in the last month without visible changes I didn´t really wonder about version number 9001.

Just thought by myself: I should look for new versions every minute!

a fairy tale from 1001 Nights

a fairy tale from 9001 Versions

one sheep, two sheeps, threeeeeeeee  z z z z

Level 3

I signed up for early access to the new Smart Sync feature and when I restarted my machine, the Dropbox client was updated to V9001.1002.81. When the Dropbox client started, I was asked to setup Dropbox as a new install instead of updating my current installation.

Since much of our work requires hard paths for reference files, I need to keep the local Dropbox folder in a specific location. When I try to move the location of the dropbox folder it will not allow me use the old location.

It appears that I will need to delete my current Dropbox folders in order to locate my Dropbox folder in the previous location.

Since this involves close to 1tb of data, this will take quite some time and bandwidth.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reconnect to my current Dropbox folders so I don’t have to re-populate everything?