Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 16.4.29

21 Comments
13 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Stable Build 16.4.29

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Auto-updates: In progress
21 Replies

Betreff: Stable Build 16.4.29

Changelogs would be pretty awesome! :/
Level 6

Re: Stable Build 16.4.29

WOW - I cannot believe this passed QA as there is a heartbeat issue with this release.

Level 4

I think this is their answer to change logs:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Announcements/bd-p/101004021

Not sure how you test beta's w/o more info for the actual test release?

Level 4

Did the dbx service error that throws events in the Windows log get fixed with this release?

Version history is really poor with you guys.

CCleaner does a better job and look at the segment they play in.

No excuses.

Level 6

This version doesn't work on 32-bit Mac OS X 10.6.8, the last working version is 15.4.22. Is there a way to stop automatic updates? It keeps updating to 16.4.29 and dying.
Level 2

I found this:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/173890/can-i-stop-dropbox-from-automatically-updating-itsel...

The suggestion is to move Dropbox to Application/Utilities instead of keeping it in Applications. Apparently that stops Dropbox from updating automatically.

Level 2

this update does not work with Mac Os 10.6.8; you have to go back to previous release 15.4.22 download, run it for one minute and then move the dropbox app to the Utilities folder to prevent it from auto-updating immediately.  

Level 4

Also have issues starting dropbox on osx 10.6.8.  Permission issues.  Downloaded version 15.4.22 and it works for a while until it auto updates.  Thanks for the heads up, hope it gets fixed soon.

Level 4

In my case this does not prevent from upgrading.

I found this "solution":

1. Install version 15.4.22

2. make a copy of the application

3. launch dropbox

4. wait until dropbox finished synching

5. Quit dropbox

6. If dropbox upgrades itself during synching, remove the upgraded dorpbox and replace it with the copy.