Announcements
Dropbox Connect NYC and SF Join Now!

Stable Build 17.4.33

22 Comments
15 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Stable Build 17.4.33

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

22 Replies
New Super User

Betreff: Stable Build 17.4.33

MacOs 10.12.2 (16C67)
did manual update
Finder contextmenuitems visible.
Green synched dots disappeared - but trick with disable/enable extension works.

Super User III

Re: Stable Build 17.4.33

JessicaM wrote:
The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Like? 

Just for fun do you think you could manage to tell us one? Think of it as a late Christmas present slightly smiling face

Level 4

Ernst M. R. wrote:

MacOs 10.12.2 (16C67)
did manual update
Finder contextmenuitems visible.
Green synched dots disappeared - but trick with disable/enable extension works.

what exactly is the trick with disable/enable extension...? Thanks...

New Super User

I have an extension called newFileMenu which shows in finder a contextmenu to createnew blank files

http://langui.net/new-file-menu/

the trick is (in MacOs) to go to systempreferences --> extensions

and turn finder integration of newFileMenu off and on again

turning it off makes the greensyncdots apear and turning it on after that they don´t disappear.

they only disapear after new installation of DB.

Level 4

Ernst M. R. wrote:

I have an extension called newFileMenu which shows in finder a contextmenu to createnew blank files

http://langui.net/new-file-menu/

the trick is (in MacOs) to go to systempreferences --> extensions

and turn finder integration of newFileMenu off and on again

turning it off makes the greensyncdots apear and turning it on after that they don´t disappear.

they only disapear after new installation of DB.

Thanks! It turns out this is exactly me problem as well. Your method does the trick!

Level 7

Rif.: Stable Build 17.4.33

Still very old notifications (> 3 years) appear in the notification tab on the client. It is so difficult to make them editable? How can I delete them please?

Level 8

Re : Stable Build 17.4.33

CHANGE LOG !

Level 4

Build 17.4.33 logs me out from my PC

My Dropbox automatically updated to version 17.4.33 on my Windows PC. After that, when I tried to log on to Windows, I got the message "Windows Explorer has stopped working". As Windows Explorer is also needed for the start menu and Desktop to work, I could not run any programs. All I got was a blank screen and all I could do was press Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Luckily starting Windows in safe mode worked. Also, on the PC I have an other Windows account (an Admin), where I could log in even in normal mode. But I needed my normal account to work in normal mode. I tried many things. A System restore worked but only until Dropbox again updated. Unfortunately there were now no system restore point before the Dropbox update. Again I tried a lot of things. But the problem wasn't solved until I uninstalled Dropbox.

I have lost 2 working days on this.

I wonder why version 17.4.33 was installed (first time was January 11th 2017), since it is not included on https://www.dropbox.com/release_notes as a stable build (as of January 16th). On my Settings page "Include me on early releases" is NOT checked and newer has been.

I wish there were a setting to avoid auto updates, but I have now read that many have asked for that for a long time.

I therefore now consider Dropbox a product unsuited for professionals and I must try to persuade the people I share files with, to replace Dropbox with a better product.

Level 4

Re: Stable Build 17.4.33

Good afternoon to all,

We are a software company and are currently having issues after upgrading Dropbox to version 17.4.33 or later. Apparently Dropbox is blocking the execution of our program when it runs on a Windows 7 computer.
If the Dropbox is uninstalled from the machine, our software works again normally.

We have had this issue since January 12, 2017 when the Dropbox update was automatically performed on our clients.

We would like to know what might be going on in this release, if someone else has the same problem or if there is a solution to the problem.

Thank you.