cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 25.4.28

Stable Build 25.4.28

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

9 Replies 9

thomas l.14
Collaborator | Level 10

CHANGE LOGS !!!

Tbernstein
New member | Level 2
Yes yes yes
They update Dropbox all the time, no apparent difference, but it always creates its own new entry as a total new folder in my Start menu ( Win 10) which I then have to delete*, because I keep my Start menu tidy and don't want every **bleep** programme creating its own folder. In my more cynical moments I'm sure that's the main reason why they issue update. So that they can place their own entries in our Start menus. Why else would they run an installer that doesn't give users a choice of where to put the links?

*I just use a batch file or PowerShell script to delete the new folder each time.

ungern
Helpful | Level 5

Today, suddenly my desktop version doesn't show anything in "Recent files" view when clicking the icon in the notification bar. Not very convenient, and I don't get why this has changed, unless it's a bug in this release.

(Running Win7 x64, )

ceruleandaze
Helpful | Level 6

@ungern wrote:

Today, suddenly my desktop version doesn't show anything in "Recent files" view when clicking the icon in the notification bar. Not very convenient, and I don't get why this has changed, unless it's a bug in this release.

(Running Win7 x64, )

I noticed this too a couple versions ago (also running Win7, x64), but then saw when clicking the icon that the default display had switched to "Notifications". Change it back to "Recent Files" by clicking that and it should be the new default whenever you click the icon in the future. In case that's it.

ungern
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for your reply. However, the tab Recent files is active (tried switching back and forth too) and it's empty. Now same at second computer too, Win10 x64.

Definitely a bug in the latest update.

dr4
Helpful | Level 6

same here on Mac OS Sierra

ungern
Helpful | Level 5
After a restart of the computer I can see the files in the Recent tab, but it's static, and if you switch to Notifications and back, it's all gone.

rfedericoni
New member | Level 2

I use dropbox from many years in my PC (Win 7 64 bit) but since few days it stay freezed in initial connection state: dropbox_freezed.png

I tried to uninstall/reintall reboot but nothing happens.

Njdmb1979
New member | Level 2
Thanks - I have learned so much about drop box today.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Njdmb1979 New member | Level 2
    rfedericoni New member | Level 2
    ungern Helpful | Level 5
    dr4 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?