cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 26.4.24

Stable Build 26.4.24

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

19 Replies 19

thomas l.14
Collaborator | Level 10

CHANGE LOG !!!

Peter H.87
Collaborator | Level 10
Another new client version, another visit to the forum to add kudos to Thomas's post requesting a change log. I am considering changing my name to Sisyphus!

Chris_Bramall
Helpful | Level 7

Upgraded automatically but did not automatically run on 2 of 3 PC's

No Change log or release notes so no clue as to what has been change / improved / broken.

macno
New member | Level 2

"Norton internet security" said

"Dropbox Installer/Dropbox.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/loginhelper.app contains 'OSX.Trojan.Gen'. "

Whar shall we do ?

MacOS 10.11.6

Norton Internet Security 7.4

黃建達
New member | Level 2
一直顯示與帳號連結
無法連結 請處理問題

Mark
Super User II
Currently using this version and I've paused Dropbox so I can do a large scale rearrange of directories etc.

After pausing it I went to the Dropbox website and removed a share which has then propagated to my machine (notification on screen saying its been removed and when I go to the directory its been deleted).

Obviously the pause isnt quite working as the client was paused and so it shouldnt be doing things via Dropbox.

Mark
Super User II
Since posting this I've been waiting for Dropbox to reindex. Its now 48 hours later and its reduced from about 267,000 files to 257,500. Its 'to upload' and 'to download' list are increasing (its added 4,800 to upload which it didnt have 12 hours ago). However, its beyond slow 😞

mikeb2153
Explorer | Level 3
Subject says it all... I have been fighting this problem for 10 days and tried ALL solutions listed in the forums and help areas. I uninstalled and reinstalled a minimum of 30x with online, offline, and advanced methods. I also gave dropbox administrative permissions and tried installing older versions as well as the 27.xx version....No luck..and gained a few gray hairs in the process. In order to help others who are stuck just like me, try this: Start>All Programs>Dropbox> right click the Dropbox icon> Properties>Compatibility> Select run this program in compatibility mode for> Select Windows Vista> Click Apply> Click ok>Launch dropbox via the icon. Do NOT select Win XP or you will get an error as Dropbox does not support it anymore. The above solution worked for me! I think a Win7 update did something Dropbox doesn't like as it has been working flawlessly for me for years(other than when DB dropped XP support).

Rogier L.
Explorer | Level 3

Same here, lot's of troubles running the latest version on Windows 7. Stuck at "initializing".

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nei a. Experienced | Level 11
    Ross_S Dropbox Staff
    Rogier L. Explorer | Level 3
    Tony G.3 Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?