cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 26.4.24

Stable Build 26.4.24

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

19 Replies 19

mikeb2153
Explorer | Level 3
Did you try changing to compatibility mode?

Rogier L.
Explorer | Level 3
No, not yet. But to be honest... I don't want to. Dropbox should run without compatibility mode :).

Rogier L.
Explorer | Level 3

Any update on this? Confirmed by the Dropbox team?

Rogier L.
Explorer | Level 3

Both latest stable and latest beta give a "blank screen" on the moment where I normally enter my Dropbox credentials. Please see screenshot.

dropbox_error.png

Tony G.3
Dropbox Staff

For folks experiencing the blank setup wizard issue (and similar startup issues), we've investigated some of the causes and we've made some bug fixes in our latest beta to address this.  It's video hardware and driver dependant, so we might not have tracked down every last issue, but we think v29 will be much improved.  We've just posted the v29 beta on the forum at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-29-3-18/m-p/225422#M4009

Please let us know in the v29 beta thread if you're still seeing any of the same issues reported here on that build (and of course any new or different issues).

My apologies for the impact these bugs have had on you, and thank you for the feedback and bug reports.

Rogier L.
Explorer | Level 3

Unfortunately on Windows 7 I have the same problem with version 29.3.18 (beta); black login-screen after installation.

Tony G.3
Dropbox Staff

@Rogier L. are you using remote desktop by any chance?  The black screen issue sometimes is a side effect of a RDP setup that is < 32 bit color depth.

Rogier L.
Explorer | Level 3

Indeed, the value was on 16 bit. I just changed that, but unfortunately the latest beta still gives me error 2 during install. And I have already processed all steps in this post :(.

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Rogier L.

I'll reach out to you by email and we'll get this fixed for you.

Many thanks.

nei a.
Experienced | Level 11

but the beta version does not say anything about bug fixes in the change log

Need more support?