cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Calling all Android users to try our new feature - Join now!

Stable Build 3.12.5

50 Comments
19 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Stable Build 3.12.5

Edit: There is a newer stable build.

Happy Tuesday!

New in 3.12.5

• Fixed a bug preventing some users with two accounts linked from being able to sign out

New in the 3.12 series:

• New functionality for the badge
    • View if the document is shared, and change sharing permissions
    • Email file from the badge
  • Comments notifications
  • [Mac] UI improvements for the Tray Popup on Mac
  • [Windows] Support for Windows 10 Enterprise Data Protection
  • Changes to how the client runs before a user signs in
  • Reduced memory usage
  • Many small fixes and improvements

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]
50 Replies
Level 1

Re: Stable Build 3.12.5

This build does NOT work on Windows 7. Hangs, won't complete indexing or downloading files, and sits for over an hour. What the heck ??

Level 1

I have the same problem, this build does NOT work on Windows 7. Hangs, won't complete indexing or downloading files! it's stuck on my PC for over a week ! I have already installed twice, but it won't work anyway!

Level 1

Finally re-installed 3.12.5, since it appears that this build changes the indexing or something else about Dropbox so you can't go back safely to a previous version (I tried without success).

It now says Downloading 3 files, however it doesn't tell me which three files and my Windows machine is now in Dropbox hell. I reinstalled this last night before I went to bed. It's now 7 hours later and still no change.

Level 1

problem with Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon, always appears update pop-up, asks me to update Dropbox, I install latest deb from the site, but after installation, reappears the update pop-up again and again.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling nemo-dropbox but the problem continues.

EDIT: for now I solved by installing from terminal. But online installer have a bug also in MATE (in this case every time download and reinstall daemon)

Level 1

Yesterday the last working version on XP stopped (3.6.smiling face with sunglasses. I tried every stable version to update, but does't work. Every Offline installer sent me Error Code 2 and exit.

Please help

Dropboxer

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  We can help you figure out which files are having problems if you submit a support ticket.

https://www.dropbox.com/support

--John

Dropboxer

(We aren't able to post information about specific Dropboxes or files on the forums).

Level 1

Hi John L. - 

I believe I've already submitted 2 tickets, as well as posted more details on your Twitter account.

Please let me know if you can't find my support tickets and I'll re-enter them again.

Thanks,
--

Michael Frankel
Wizard Consulting Group, Inc.

Dropboxer

Thanks Michael, I see the tickets in our system and we will reply there.