Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 3.14.7

110 Comments
101 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Stable Build 3.14.7

Edit: There is a [newer forum build] than this one.

Happy Tuesday! 

New in the 3.14 series:
  • [Mac] On 64-bit OS X, Dropbox will run as a 64-bit application (except for dbfseventsd)
  • [Windows & Linux] Upgrade to Qt 5.5
  • Many small fixes and improvements

New in this build:

• Fixes an issue with Windows Explorer responsiveness.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: In progress

110 Replies
Level 1

Re: Stable Build 3.14.7

As the previous version 3.14.5, it "works" but no icon showed
in the system tray.
(KDE4/qt4)

(3.12.5 works well)

Level 1

Ubuntu Trusty, KDE 4.14.2

Tray icon mysteriously vanished a few days ago.  Daemon is still running and working in the background.

Extremely annoying.  Please fix this already.  This is the kind of bug that you revert changes to fix until you can fix it properly.  Leaving your users without a UI for days or weeks is unacceptable.  If I were an average user, I wouldn't have a clue what happened, I'd think Dropbox had vanished, and I'd be looking to a competitor for a solution.

Level 1

Really having a hard time, Dropbox wont stay visible in my menu bar for more than a few minutes at a time... I have almost tried everything except delete it entirely

I am working on Mac (Mavericks) and Dropbox 3.14.7, is this a common problem? 

Dropboxer

Hi Arline,

Sorry about the issues you are experiencing.  Can you try installing the 3.12 build?

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=3.12.5&plat=mac&type=full

Thanks!

John

Level 1

Thanks so much for your advise, (fingers crossed) it seems to be going well on this version

Thanks

A

Level 1

Version 3.14.7 has the same problem as on 3.14.5 - on OSX 10.9.5 the dropbox application is prone to crashing if the task bar icon is clicked or a large file attempts to be synced.

I use dropbox for work purposes, but this recent spate of instability makes me seriously doubt its effectiveness long-term.  When will this issue be addressed?

Dropboxer

Hi Sean,

Sorry about the issues.  I've temporarily disabled upgrades for your account and 3.12 should work better for your Mac.  It will take some time to resync if you have a large number of files.

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=3.12.5&plat=mac&type=full

--John

Level 1

Thanks John.  I'll downgrade for now.  Is their a timeline for the 10.9.5 OSX fix at the moment? Will you unlock my upgrades once a stable version is out that'll take care of the problem?

Dropboxer

Hi Sean,

We are still investigating the issue and don't have a timeline yet.  The update block has an automatic expiration of a few months.  If we release a fix earlier and you would like to be updated earlier than that please submit a ticket and we can update you earlier.

Thanks!
John