39 Comments
36 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Stable Build 3.6.9

Hi everyone!

New in 3.6.9:

• Initial Windows 10 support.
  • [Linux] Fixes an install issue in the nautilus-dropbox package in Debian and Ubuntu.

New in the 3.6 series:

• Improved network utilization on uploads for fast internet connections.
  • New Windows Installer with helper for updates. (1)
  • Windows native shared folder dialogs. (2)
  • Faster rename detection (3)
  • Windows: User configuration data is stored in AppData\Local on fresh install (instead of AppData\Roaming).
  • Upgraded to Python 2.7.9.

Notes

1. This is a completely new installer for Windows. Things to note about it:
  • Manual installs will go to Program Files (x86) if you grant Administrator Access when prompted by the installer. If you install this version and later want to downgrade to the 3.4 version you will first need to uninstall this version first. *This will cause the application to reindex.
  • As usual, please report any issues with this installer on this forums thread.
  1. On Windows, when choosing “Share This Folder…” or “Shared Folder Settings…” a native dialog will appear to create shared folders and change their settings. Previously this functionality was available by taking you to the Dropbox website. This new functionality is being rolled out gradually so you may continue to be taken to the Dropbox website for several weeks.
  2. When renaming a file or folder, they’ll get back to the green check mark state much faster.

Download

Windows [ Standard installer] [ Offline installer]

Mac OS X [ Standard installer] [ Offline installer]

Linux [ x86_64 offline installer] [ x86 offline installer]

Auto-updates: In progress

39 Replies
Level 1

Re: Stable Build 3.6.9

I stopped working in windows xp home

Level 1

error-0x800b0109

Level 1

my dropbox is not working on windows 10. how to fixed this?

Level 1

seems to have completely screwed up all our 1password data, and refuses to sync it correctly.

1password 4 in mavericks.

Level 1

Autoupdate act like Flash installer. It create EXE files, register services, try to start them, all them try to get something from Internet, and then firewall block all this chaos, it start delete files and terminate processes. Can you just write ONE autoupdate module in ONE EXE file which ask permission, download update files, correctly finish Dropbox client process, overwrite Dropbox client's files and start it again. Is it so hard? Is it necessary to make all this Zoo with tasks, services and other trash? Do you think MY system is your property so you can experiment as you like?

Level 1

One more thing. Why autoupdate try to shut down my system?

Level 1

@Linda K. :  they dont do anything chrome isnt doing, it uses a 2 by 2 system as well.

Level 1

yes, new installation 3.6.9 on XPhome causes error 0x800b0109

using 3.6.7 - and ignoring the "wont sync" message-window (minimize it)

• everything works.

there is something strange in the neighbourhood winking face

Level 1

As the Alternative data stream information the DB app attaches to files is not a required part of the program, just something that would assist in tracking, is it possible to have an option (command line driven if need be) that prevents the DB app from writing these streams.

We are encountering certain problems outside the scope of dropbox caused by these streams, currently I am purging them off, but the DB app re attaches them :-(