cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 36.4.22

Stable Build 36.4.22

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

16 Replies 16

Don B.5
New member | Level 2

Status icons in the system tray/taskbar area are not updating in Windows 10. The desktop app appears offline.

ChronosCrunch
Explorer | Level 3

This release is still broken with Google Chrome. Launching dropbox.com from taskbar in Google Chrome crashes Chrome immediately. On Windows 7 only. If you have Google Chrome already open first it works. Google Chrome stays broken until logoff and back on. Problem is getting worse.

revjimb
Helpful | Level 7

Still many of us with broken sync, icon is "Connecting"

rpearson
Helpful | Level 6

I am also having this issue with all users when they are connected to ATT Fiber Network at our office. All other networks (mobile, Spectrum, etc) dropbox works fine. 

Can Dropbox please contact ATT ASAP to figure out if this is an issue with Dropbox or ATT ...

rabbitpunch
Explorer | Level 3

Right context menu for configurations etc from system tray seems to not be working on Windows 10 (OS Build 15063.608).  Cannot modify local folder path for sync, nor pause, etc...  so, not stable IMHO.  🙂

darthno2
Explorer | Level 3

What happened here? Yesterday everything was fine, now I can't even get Dropbox to open. Double-click, right-click to open, nothing. Not even a pop-up window. Dropbox will not launch, will not sync, it does nothing since you pushed out this update... why did you have to break my dropbox?

What's my solution? uninstall and reinstall... you broke it, you should fix it! Don't send me through hours of re-syncing because of something you did!

lukeD
Helpful | Level 5

This version (36.4.22) has a fatal problem in the compativility with Microsoft Word 2011 and 2016 in macOS emvironment with Japanese language.

The front end processer for Kana-to-Kanji conversion is seriously impeded probably by the background operation of Dropbox. This problem can be avoided by terminating the Dropbox application...

arafune
Helpful | Level 6

From this version, very serious error (COMPATIBILITY with MS-WORD in mac with Japanese language input method such as ATOK. ) occurs!!!

As the problem does not occur without Dropbox running, I judged  that this is the Dropbox's problem.  THIS is really really serious problem for Japanese.  Do you have the  Japanese testers before shipping?

I hope you coulefix the problem soon. However, at the moment, I would like to know the way to keep to use the previous version (35.4.20). 

Could you let me know how to stop the automattically update of the Dropbox application on mac?

kmyken1
Helpful | Level 5

I use ver.37.3.25. In the Activity monitor, I found several processes named Dropbox were running. If you quit/kill these processes except for the Dropbox (with icon), you will be able to use Japanese language input method on MS-WORD again!

(Some of them need to be killed again and again. Some of them, which seem to be unrelated to this problem, revive again. You will also need to restart the MS-WORD.)

This is an unofficial way. Please do this on your own responsibility.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ross_S Dropbox Staff
    rellinor New member | Level 2
    mick_bg Explorer | Level 4
    bram New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?