cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 37.4.29

Stable Build 37.4.29

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

22 Replies 22

JohnMurray
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I agree entirely!

Last week I noticed that the green tick had vanished and thought there was something wrong with my dropbox so I then emailed dropbox support about it. I had to wait 3 days for a reply and after taking screenshots and providing the version I was using for them they asked me if I had the box ticked on the website to be included in the latest beta builds - it turns out I had ticked it at some point so the latest beta version had downloaded without me knowing. The version was 37.4.29.

Dropbox support then told me to uncheck the box and reinstall dropbox to the latest "stable" version which I did and hey presto, the green tick was back....... happy days!

Now then, this evening I glanced down at the icon in the system tray and noticed the green tick had vanished again so I went straight to the website to double check in settings that the "beta builds" box was still unchecked and it was. At this point I was getting annoyed so have spent the last half an hour typing another email to dropbox asking them what is going on and of course I have to wait another 3 days for a reply.

Ten minutes after sending that email I find this thread explaining that build 37.4.29 is the new latest stable build and that dropbox have done away with the green tick on the system tray icon on purpose!!!!!

I find this absolutely incredible - two long emails and stress for nothing. The support person didn't even tell me in our first email conversation that the beta build I was using would be the new stable version in a matter of days and that the green tick will vanish then anyway as dropbox has a new design.

This is no way to operate or treat your customer base and I can imagine untold people noticing the tick missing now and thinking the same thing as me - that dropbox isn't working properly.

All the above aside - what genius came up with the idea in the first place!? I am sure that like me - other users actually liked that little green tick as it told you that everything was fine, synced and working properly - and now it's gone.

We are living in clownworld.

John Murray

Gerry W.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That is a real dumb idea.  The green checkmark is the equivalent of an instrument panel in an airplane.

Daniel_Migueles
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Very bad decision. In ALL previous versions, the green thick means "All OK". But now, the absence of this green tick means "All OK". Obviously all things are changing, the ideas are continually improving, changes are necessary. But change for the exact opposite meaning??

Peter H.87
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

In the very document linked to by Clarence L, it says:

A green circle with a check mark is a wonderful thing and what you'll see most often. When it appears on the Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar, it means your Dropbox is fully synced.

Even Dropbox's own docs aren't up to date. I think this could have been handled better.

Matilda12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

First of all Dropbox is a great solution-software and all of us have to say thank you to the developers.
Anyway, I have to be agreed with the others to say that the green checkmark is very very important and useful to understand, on the fly, that everything is ok and working correctly.
So please, consider to review this position and reintroduce the green tick.
Thank you in advance for your attention.
Cheers.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Clarence L. - please tell me this isnt what you guys now class as a change log?!

Marcf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have this version of dropbox installed on CentOS Linux 7.3.1611

Overthe weekend the dropbox service terminated because it used all available memory (we have 48GB RAM!).  I stopped and restarted and it was running fine but Logged on this morning to find Dropbox was using 29GB of RAM.

This is excessive, looks like a memory leak.  Can you please investigate?

Peter H.87
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Thanks, Dropbox!Screenshot (7).png

HamWong
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have no words to dropbox, in win7, I have boot into safe mode with network, dropbox still say no internet connection, same network with ios or same computer with web have no issue, I also don't have issue access internet with outher application.

I have tried totally uninstall with removed AppData\Local or Romaing dropbox folder then reinstall, no joy, no proxy or manual, still nojoy. I more very stupid thing is when I change the setting like connection way or language, once I close dropbox (with exit) than reopon, it turns to default, it didn't acutally saved your setting....

jeffhk1103
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

poor design if no checked mark after fully synced

Need more support?