cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 44.4.58

Stable Build 44.4.58

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

7 Replies 7

thomas l.14
Collaborator | Level 10

CHANGE LOOOOOOOOG !!!!!!!!!!!

nei a.
Experienced | Level 11

really? improvements?

alan A.1
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you!!!!  The automatic update hasn't worked in I don't know how long and I was never told I was out of date -- this should solve the Dropbox problems I have been having. Could never understand why you wanted to keep this information secret.

Avery F.
Explorer | Level 3

Seriously, I couldn't get the RIDICULOUSLY outdated package on the Linux download page to update, no matter how many times I purged and re-installed.  It just wouldn't run the start script for anything.

This took me at least an hour to find.  Not sure if I'm more annoyed that it was so hard to find or relieved that I finally found it.

samertm
Dropbox Staff
Hey Avery,

That sounds like an issue with our autoupdate on Linux. Do you remember what Dropbox version you were on before you updated? Also, what Linux distro are you running?

alan A.1
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox told us:

From now on, if you wish to be updated for the latest version,  please  click on the link below : 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-44-4-58/m-p/266928#M4521

This link will be updated each time  we update our application version. 
Also, as this is a public thread, it is no more required to contact  Dropbox Support for this information

So now I go to that link and (since I'm using Windows, click on the Windows link).  There is also a linux link at that link. I added the underline above

Hope this helps

Alan

Avery F.
Explorer | Level 3

I can't remember which distro I was using, I have a bunch of VMs. I think it was Debian with LXDE. 

I seem to remember the link to the linux offline installer installs the command-line version, which I was trying to avoid.

I fixed the problem by deleting the .dropbox folder in my user's home folder and re-installing the 2015 desktop version from the official download link.  Then the usual software update I would expect from a new installation happened, thankfully.  It took me quite a while to figure this out, but it made my day.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Avery F. Explorer | Level 3
    alan A.1 Explorer | Level 3
    samertm Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?