cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 49.4.69

Stable Build 49.4.69

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for using Dropbox!  Here are the user visible changes in v49:

• Smart Sync thumbnails now show in the original aspect ratio instead of square.
  • Fixes localization for some warning dialogs.
  • Fixes issue where preferences pane might not properly refresh.
  • Fixes issue where certain files on APFS would be detected as unicode encoding conflicts.
  • Other minor fixes.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ceruleandaze
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

What changed now in this release?

And why has the offline file size suddenly ballooned from 82 MB (v48.4.58 ) to 112 MB (v49.4.68 )? What changed? 

Why can't Dropbox and everyone working there be a responsible company, which includes being transparent with its users & customers on what the company is changing to the software that we buy and use?

Disregarding your paying customers so routinely like this is not exactly a sign of a good, forward-thinking company.

Peter H.87
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

They seem to have fallen back to the old ways of not showing any respect for the paying customers. Didn't take long.

thomas l.14
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Yes ! CHANGE LOG !

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for using Dropbox!  Here are the user visible changes in v49:

• Smart Sync thumbnails now show in the original aspect ratio instead of square.
  • Fixes localization for some warning dialogs.
  • Fixes issue where preferences pane might not properly refresh.
  • Fixes issue where certain files on APFS would be detected as unicode encoding conflicts.
  • Other minor fixes.

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Peter,

We posted the notes on the beta builds, but didn't port them over.  We've posted them here now as well.

Thanks!

John

Peter H.87
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution
Thanks John, much appreciated. I feel more confident with Dropbox if I know if anything has changed.

ceruleandaze
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks very much, John.

I do like Dropbox, by the way, but, like Peter suggests, it would be an overall better experience if I/we had some info when a new version comes out about what's changing. Suddenly growing 30 MB as the previous version did is a pretty big increase to find nothing said about it.

I typically only look at mails & posts related to stable builds, not betas, so in my case it would be great if any & all change info is posted with stable builds too, and regardless of how many changes or how much  the executable changes in size.

Thanks for your and all Dropboxers' efforts. Despite the tone of my previous comment, your efforts at making Dropbox better are much appreciated.

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for those thoughts.  Not posting the release notes on the stable channel was an oversight on our part, we were planning to do it and it should be posted for future stable channel builds at all.  Thanks for using Dropbox and contributing to our forums!

--John

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John L.2 Dropbox Staff
    ceruleandaze Helpful | Level 6
    Peter H.87 Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?