cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Stable Build 52.4.58

Stable Build 52.4.58

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

26 Replies 26

Eddy E.1
Dropbox Staff

If you are experiencing issues with regards to discrete GPU being enabled on mac, we apologize. We've identified the issue and will provide an update when the fix is available.

Takeshi_N
Helpful | Level 5
> We've identified the issue and will provide an update when the fix is available
Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Jenna15
Explorer | Level 4

I have the exact same thing:

I am running macOS 10.11.6.   Dropbox crashes immediately on starting.  After uninstalling and trying to reinstall, Build 52.4.58 won't even finish installing.  If I go back a build (51.4.66) it will install, I can sign in to dropbox, my files *just* start to sync and then it crashes and will not reopen again.  When I delete the app I also delete the DropboxHelperTools and the Libraby/.dropbox folder.   If I don't also delete those folders then even the older build won't install.  

So far i have gotten no support on my Support ticket I started 36 hours ago.   

Super frustrating.

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

Thank you for reporting the  crash issue. We are investigating an increase in crashes in this release. We would appreciate any information about how Dropbox was being used when the crash happened, similar to the one above.

thomas l.14
Collaborator | Level 10

send changelog first

tennantgoucher
Explorer | Level 3

Same issue here on 10.11.6.

Noticed it on June 19, 2018

Dropbox version 52.4.58

No antivirus or firewall running.

Same EXC_CRASH (SIGSEGV) in console as everyone else here.

Deleting, unlinking, PRAM, reinstalling online, reinstalling offline, deleting caches, using terminal commands all fail. 

Day 3 of no Dropbox.

k0t2004
Helpful | Level 5

Lara84
Explorer | Level 4

Same here!!! More than 3 days actually without Dropbox. Answers getting via email are cut and paste. I already clarified many many times what is happening and I would still wait heaps of time for the same recommendation to disinstall/re-install the app.

glassfull
Collaborator | Level 8

I am also having issues on Windows 10 machine - new installation, but it crashes soon after starting.

Then, I restart it and it just stays as "starting" in the status bar for about 10 minutes, and then when I haover over the icon in the toolbar, dropbox icon vanishes.... so basically the prgram crashes without starting.  I am using this current build (52.4.58). There are no errors reported that I can see.... how can I check error log for dropbox?

I've tried removing and reinstalling but to no avail.  This is a new desktop machine, less than a month old.

Jenna15
Explorer | Level 4

I never heard anything on my help ticket.   Its been 5 days.   But today I thought I'd try reinstalling again.  I again deleted everything and reinstalled the second most recent Stable build.  It still crashes partway into the "initializing" phase.

I then thought, why now try the Beta build.  So I deleted the messed up normal Stable build, and downloaded and installed the Beta Stable build.  And this WORKED.  So dropbox is up and running for me (once it synced my 169,000+ files....)

I'm assuming sometime in the next few weeks they might put out a new version of the normal build that will fix the problem.  But in the meantime I'm happier running the Beta build and actually having access to my files then waiting around hoping someone will eventially care.

Hopefully this might be a solution for others of you with a similar problem.

Need more support?