cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 52.4.60

Stable Build 52.4.60

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

16 Replies 16

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for using Dropbox!

Here are the specific changes in v52.4.60:

• Fixed issue connecting to WPAD proxies
  • Fixed issue with discrete GPU usage on certain versions of MacBook Pro
  • Fixed crash on macOS 10.9-10.11 when using a proxy

Here are the user visible changes in the v52 series:

• Dropbox Business: Added warning that prevents accidental copies of personal folders
  • Other minor fixes

Julian G.2
Helpful | Level 6
Since the update the client started trying to confirm every file deletion.
This was not so before the update.
Bug?

thomas l.14
Collaborator | Level 10

same thing for me, really annoying

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the bug reports! I've let the team that owns that feature know about the issue.

Do you think you could attach a screenshot of the warning box that pops up when you try to delete a file? And were you seeing this when deleting files inside of a shared folder, or for non-shared files?

thomas l.14
Collaborator | Level 10

Seeing this when deleting files inside of a shared folder and also for non-shared files.

Capture bug dropbox 52.4.60.PNG

TaiDragon
New member | Level 2

Hi, I tried this latest install as when i launch Drop Box, the login screen comes up with a black box over it and even if I manage to type in my username and password, the Sign in button wont work. This still happens for me with this version.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@thomas l.14 wrote:

Seeing this when deleting files inside of a shared folde and also for non-shared files.

Capture bug dropbox 52.4.60.PNG

Thanks! Right now there's a bug where checking "Don't ask me again" (or "Ne plus me demander" in your case) doesn't saved unless you click "Delete everywhere" (or "Supprimer partout"). We're working on fixing the bug internally, but as a temporary work around, you can delete a file that you don't care about and check "Don't ask me again"/"Ne plus me demander". Then that option will be saved and the box shouldn't show up for similar deletions.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@TaiDragon wrote:

Hi, I tried this latest install as when i launch Drop Box, the login screen comes up with a black box over it and even if I manage to type in my username and password, the Sign in button wont work. This still happens for me with this version.

Thanks for letting us know about this bug. I've filed a bug report internally for it.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@TaiDragon

What OS are you using, and what version is it?

- On macOS, you can find the version by clicking the Apple menu in the top left hand corner and choosing "About This Mac'. The version should be on the overview screen as "Version 10.x.y"

- On Windows, you can get the version by pressing Windows logo key + R, typing winver, then selecting OK.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stacie_H Explorer | Level 3
    samertm Dropbox Staff
    3dwannab Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?