Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 7.4.30

25 Comments
82 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Stable Build 7.4.30

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Please see this post for more information regarding our new Desktop Versioning Scheme.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: In progress

25 Replies
Level 2

Re: Stable Build 7.4.30

Changelog please

Level 1

Hi.

Have you noticed that icons on dropbox windows client UI are very tiny with windows HiDpi setting? 

Level 1

I've loved the full Changelog in the old versions, but since it is reduced to a simple "thanks for using dropbox", every new version felt like a black box. As user you have no insight what has been changed and a part of me assumed automatically that something has been covered up. 

I hope you can change it back and give an overview on the things that have been changed.

Super User

Have you noticed that icons on dropbox windows client UI are very tiny with windows HiDpi setting?

See here:

Level 4

Bollocks. All you did was increase the version number. I don't see any sign of improvements or fixes.

Level 2

Appears that along with the update, they set the applications settings for Dropbox Badge and Desktop Notifications back to their default state.

If you had them disabled before, be ready for notification spam 

Level 1

After the update to 7.4.30 on my Windows 7 PC it has problems on startup. I have spent a very long time trying to find out why my PC has problems starting as I changed nothing for a long time. But then it occured to me to check Dropbox since it has started with automatic updates. And correct: Dropbox is the problem as whenever I manage to start at all - or manually start Dropbox in Safe Monde - it ends with an error message from Dropbox - chech the log file where it sais:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dropbox", line 2, in <module>
  File "multiprocessing\__init__.pyo", line 84, in <module>
  File "_multiprocessing.pyo", line 12, in <module>
  File "_multiprocessing.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Tried it several times and also started in safe mode and manually started Dropbox with same error as result. So I removed auto start of Dropbox so my PC works again. So then I need to try out various fixes to see if I can get it started again - just what I like spending my weekend doing... NOT

The automatic update is something I really don't like for many reasons. One of them is that I often run on resticed mobile network account with limits on it, ie tethering from a phone so the PC thinks its a normal WiFi. The other is cases like this where I did not know that an update has occurred - all I see is that my PC won't start! So I have to spend hours finding out why. Lots of work - and then I remembered that Dropbox do automatic updates so  maybe that is the problem. RIGHT! New update and my PC don't start. I have been afraid of this for a long time and now it happened!

I have been a long time user of Dropbox (ca 10 years). Initially it had little competition, but now there are many alternatives. I have stayed with Dropbox since its an independet company (not like Google and Apple) but still large enough that I feel safe... until now when suddenly it stops working.

Level 4

@Else N.

Can you start up okay in safe mode?

If so try downloading the Offline installer and installing again over the top of the broken installation.

https://www.dropbox.com/install

Level 1

"Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes."

But we'll never tell you what they are. But trust us. There's so many improvements and fixes we can't possible list them. Except on our internal version control system. Then there's loads of detail on what's in each patch. Just don't let those filthy commoners know.