Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

no

Stable Build 74.4.115

Dropboxer
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

20 Replies

Re: Stable Build 74.4.115

Collaborator | Level 9

Please could you share the release notes?

Helpful | Level 6

Kept getting the Dropbox has crashed error .. try restarting (or close) ... downloaded the new build so fingers crossed it works! I deleted the shortcut off my desktop from the previous install .. so hopefully between the two that fixes it! 

Long term Dropbox user! Love it! And it has saved my ass on numerous occasions!! It is actually more stable than my hard drive! 

Helpful | Level 6

Have been trying to fix this issue now for the past two days .. have followed the suggested troubleshooting ... it's not working! Not even using the Stable build.

I do NOT want to use the app from the Microsoft store - I tried that and it's incomplete syncing and is buggy! I prefer a stable platform and its NOT via Microsoft Store ... 

I have been a paid user for many years and I depend on Dropbox for my business and personal needs. There HAS to be a better solution!

Capture DROPBOX error.PNG

Dropboxer

Thanks for providing the information. We will look into it.

Dropboxer

@Peter H.87 

Sorry for the wait! Release notes are a bit of a manual process right now, so sometimes they fall through the cracks.

v74 release notes:
  • Dropbox Business users in teams that have opted into Early Access can now create Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides directly from Dropbox.
  • The ESC button now closes the desktop tray.
  • Added back warnings for deletions and moves that were briefly missing for some users.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Happens to me also, nearly no syncing possible the issue from CaseyJDesigns - really frustrating!!

New member | Level 2

I am experiencing the same issue as blackowl and CaseyJDesigns.  Dropbox quits unexpectedly, restarts, then quits again, in a loop.   Any updates to when this issue might be fixed?  I have a support ticket in as well, waiting to see what they say.  

Helpful | Level 6

Followed the fix instructions ... stopped crashing BUT none of my files in the past week that I worked on and need for work have synced to the cloud and to other linked devices! 

I just checked ONLINE to see if the changes were even available online after I followed the instructions to fix the crashing issue ... and NO they are not!! AND I am away for work till the first of next week and those were files that I needed .... this is the FIRST time since I started using Dropbox (2009) and even as a paid member that this has happened. PLEASE find a solution!! 

Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same issues, Dropbox (Business) started crashing right after a recent Windows 10 update KB4503286 & KB4480730 and none of thr suggsted helpdesk fixes are working. Anyone have any ideas?

What are stable and beta builds?

The stable builds are for the Desktop client, which is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

A beta build is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Stable Build 74.4.115
20 Replies
20 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey