cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 74.4.115

Stable Build 74.4.115

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

20 Replies 20

Peter H.87
Collaborator | Level 10

Please could you share the release notes?

CaseyJDesigns
Helpful | Level 6

Kept getting the Dropbox has crashed error .. try restarting (or close) ... downloaded the new build so fingers crossed it works! I deleted the shortcut off my desktop from the previous install .. so hopefully between the two that fixes it! 

Long term Dropbox user! Love it! And it has saved my ass on numerous occasions!! It is actually more stable than my hard drive! 

CaseyJDesigns
Helpful | Level 6

Have been trying to fix this issue now for the past two days .. have followed the suggested troubleshooting ... it's not working! Not even using the Stable build.

I do NOT want to use the app from the Microsoft store - I tried that and it's incomplete syncing and is buggy! I prefer a stable platform and its NOT via Microsoft Store ... 

I have been a paid user for many years and I depend on Dropbox for my business and personal needs. There HAS to be a better solution!

Capture DROPBOX error.PNG

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for providing the information. We will look into it.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@Peter H.87 

Sorry for the wait! Release notes are a bit of a manual process right now, so sometimes they fall through the cracks.

v74 release notes:
  • Dropbox Business users in teams that have opted into Early Access can now create Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides directly from Dropbox.
  • The ESC button now closes the desktop tray.
  • Added back warnings for deletions and moves that were briefly missing for some users.

blackowl
Helpful | Level 5

Happens to me also, nearly no syncing possible the issue from CaseyJDesigns - really frustrating!!

JG2019
Helpful | Level 5

I am experiencing the same issue as blackowl and CaseyJDesigns.  Dropbox quits unexpectedly, restarts, then quits again, in a loop.   Any updates to when this issue might be fixed?  I have a support ticket in as well, waiting to see what they say.  

CaseyJDesigns
Helpful | Level 6

Followed the fix instructions ... stopped crashing BUT none of my files in the past week that I worked on and need for work have synced to the cloud and to other linked devices! 

I just checked ONLINE to see if the changes were even available online after I followed the instructions to fix the crashing issue ... and NO they are not!! AND I am away for work till the first of next week and those were files that I needed .... this is the FIRST time since I started using Dropbox (2009) and even as a paid member that this has happened. PLEASE find a solution!! 

MarkK
Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same issues, Dropbox (Business) started crashing right after a recent Windows 10 update KB4503286 & KB4480730 and none of thr suggsted helpdesk fixes are working. Anyone have any ideas?

Need more support?