cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 76.4.126

Stable Build 76.4.126

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

10 Replies 10

Shou G.
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I have tried this new stable version, also has the issue.

The file timestamp like "Edited 2 minutes ago", can't be updated unless I click the file on the drop panel. Is it normaI or bug? macOS 10.13.6

So no any staff can answer my this simple question? What is this forum holding for?

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@shou That sounds like normal behavior to me. The file timestamp should only be updated when you actually edit the file. If there's something I'm missing, do you think you can attach a screenshot of the behavior you're currently seeing so I can better understand what's going wrong? Thanks!

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for using Dropbox! Here are the release notes for v76:

• The following desktop search features will roll out gradually:
    • Show file activity and comments when selecting a search result from the Dropbox app.
    • Enable “Open With” actions for search results from the Tray and the Dropbox app.
    • Enable Star/Unstar actions for search results for local/smart-synced content.
  • Event location and time frames have been added to the event cards in the “For You” tab.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the UI to jump in the share modal on Windows.

Shou G.
Explorer | Level 4

In the old version(before v74) with the old panel, I cilck the dropbox icon on the top bar, the panel opens, files' timestamp will be automatically updated, every time.

Then someday, the dropbox updated, it show a new drop panel, the files' timestamp lost this func, I have to click one of the file, then the timestamp will change. It is not convenient for knowing the file status now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmkj8qucl7ii6cq/Screenshot%202019-07-10%2012.58.38.png?dl=0

pohsuansu
New member | Level 2

After update to 76.4.126 (MacOS 10.10.6), Dropbox recheck the update of all files again. It jammed in the checking files that did not change, and the changed files cananot update. What can I do? Thanks!

odysseus
Helpful | Level 6

Do you plan to support the File Coordination API in Mac OS / iOS, and if so, when?

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@Shou G. Oh, I understand now. I've relayed that to our tray team. They're aware of that bug and it should be fixed in v79, which should be released as beta in about two weeks. Thanks for the bug report, and sorry about the disruption.

@pohsuansu Are you still experiencing this issue? I don't see anything out of the ordinary in your logs.

@odysseus I can't discuss those details, but we are working hard to make sure we support Catalina by the time it exits beta.

Christian78
Experienced | Level 11

Hi all,

I am a little bit confused by the recently added tags which say "Beta Testing" in the overview of client build releases. Is a stable version with the "Beta Testing"-tag only more or less a stable version?

Which version do you roll out to those customers who have *not* opt-in for using the Beta Versions? I'm just asking because my business team is still on 75.4.142, which is named as Stable Version but tagged as Beta Testing.

Confusion all over the place... 😉

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@Christian78 Sorry about the confusion! The "Beta Testing" tag is incorrect, since stable releases are *not* betas. I'll look into why they were added and see if we can change them.

Need more support?