cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 77.4.131

Stable Build 77.4.131

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

15 Replies 15

mrc247
Helpful | Level 5

on Mac OS (10.14.5) the new Dropbox Version 77.4.131 opens at Systemstart now in the Dock additionally to the menu bar. that is very annoying. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

joewiz
New member | Level 2

Agreed. Dropbox never appeared in the Dock before - it just lives in the menubar. Now, all of a sudden, a Dropbox app opens in the Dock. I quit it, but after half an hour or so, it opens back up. I don't see a preference for this behavior. 

Conor W.1
Dropbox Staff

Hi all!

We’ve been working on rolling out a new Dropbox desktop experience for select users, which features the new dock icon. We appreciate the feedback, and are taking it into consideration as we continue to improve this new component of the desktop app.

Please do keep the feedback coming!

cepheid
Explorer | Level 4

I, too, am NOT a fan of the new behavior. Accessing the app via the menu bar is my strongly preferred method -- I do not want an additional open app in my Dock or my Cmd-Tab list.  I would very much prefer an option to keep Dropbox "background only" (i.e., menu bar only), and to open the main app only upon command ... I do not want this to be forced behavior.  (Similarly to many VPNs -- they live in the menu bar and the main app hides in the background without a dock icon unless explicitly called upon.)

Please, please, please, provide an option to disable the auto-launch of the Dock app.

jlc2
Explorer | Level 4

Agreed, this "feature" is irritating as is the automatic settings change where the DropBox folder now opens in the desktop app instead of a Mac OS X Finder window.

A preference change allows that setting to be restored to the previous state however this change is made without permission.

What made DropBox so attractive for consistent use was how tightly integrated it was with Mac OS X. The modification to "immerse" the end user in the DropBox experience is jarring and inturupts established workflows. This feature would be much more approachable as an opt-in GUI experience.

lbutlr
New member | Level 2

Feedback: DO NOT PUSH THIS TO USER WHO DON'T WANT IT. Like me. I have looked at the "features" of the new Desktop app and I do not want any of this cruft on my machine. If you force this on us, I will simply cancel Dropbox. (I've already moved the vast majority of my files off Dropbox, sunce it iss impossible to share files without allowing people to comment on the files. Another horrible "feature" that is nothing but user-hostile.

Sheena
Community Manager
We recently announced a new desktop app experience that is now currently available in Early Access. Due to an error, some users were accidentally exposed to the new app for a short period of time. 

This issue has been resolved, though there might be a short lag for some users to see resolution.

Thank you for your patience as we worked through this.

mrc247
Helpful | Level 5

thx Sheena for the explanation.

The Dock Icon is gone now.

I am an Dropbox User over 10 years now.

Here my Feedback:

stop working on such a pointless function as a desktop app because nobody needs it. The macOS Finder and Windows Explorer integration is completely sufficient and much better.
I do not use other tools like iCloud Drive because the Finder / Explorer integration is not as good there as Dropbox.

Again, no one needs a desktop app that does the same thing as a Bowser window !!!

If you stick to it, please make sure that the autostart can be configured separately. An option for the background client in the menubar, and a further option for the app in the dock.

himmetgencer
New member | Level 2

Hi All,

***Windows, Dropbox Version 77.4.131 - Dropbox business standart

Dropbox desktop app consumes much internet packages although there are no changes to any file or folder. I see no change from dropbox tray icons. We use limited quota modems in computers. Internet consumption stops when I close the dropbox application. Never had such a problem before. I have tried on different computers. All computers are experiencing the same problem. Dropbox app consumes about 1 gb of internet per day although there are no changes .dp.PNG

Need more support?