Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

no

Re: Stable Build 77.4.131

Helpful | Level 7

@mrc247 wrote:

Again, no one needs a desktop app that does the same thing as a Bowser window !!!

Actually, it's not even that - the desktop app reflects only the state of the client it's running on.  The web (dropbox.com) reflects the state of the account as a whole.

I.e. Files may not have fully synced between clients, or between web and client - the web tells you what's on your actual Dropbox.

If the desktop client was a reflection of the account as we see it on the web, then there might be a case for it's usefulness.

In any case, we need an option to disable it.  I'm confident the development team will realize this and implement it soon enough, even though they are possibly hoping it will "catch on" and users will "realize the value through a forced hand" - We won't.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Sheena,

How can I try out the new desktop app? This is something I'm interested in, since I want a way to view version history without going into the brower.

EDIT: It can be found at this url:

https://www.dropbox.com/desktopapp

It still requires you to go to the web interface to see the version history, so it's not very helpful for me.

New member | Level 2

About time you guys reintroduced support for Linux (other than ext4!)

Removing that was probably the stupidest decision ever made by a "tech"-company.

New member | Level 2

On macOS 10.15 beta (Catalina), DropBox sync does not work automatically. I need to pause syncing, and then resume syncing, for it to work. Please fix this as soon as possible!

New member | Level 2

I cannot install the windows version no matter how many times I select "run" or save it and then try to run the installer.

Nothing happens and I am stuck on version 70.

Every time I start my laptop I get a message to update DropBox.

This is VERY frustrating.

What is going on?

New member | Level 2
What are stable and beta builds?

The stable builds are for the Desktop client, which is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

A beta build is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Stable Build 77.4.131
15 Replies
31 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post