Wanna become a Super User? Learn more about it here

Stable Build 8.4.20

14 Comments
42 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer
August

Stable Build 8.4.20

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.  

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: In progress

14 Replies
August

Re: Stable Build 8.4.20

Changelog would be nice! -.-

Level 1
August

I haven't been able to open the Dropbox program since 8.4.19 came out, and when I try to install this one using either installer, I get "The installer encountered error 2". Only solution seems to be reinstalling 7.4.30 daily (can't stop it updating). A fix would be appreciated!

Level 1
August

Hi.

I have just noticed that my dropbox suddenly stopped working  I am not sure when this build came out but it doesn't work on my W7 Ent. I says its 8.4.20.

I click on dropbox and it wont execute and dies

I tired to remove via Programs and Features and it says "Dropbox Unable to uninstall"

I tried to re-install on the top via dropbox website and get error 2

I tried to install the offline version from dropbox website and same issue.

No windows updates/No firewall changes / Have turned off security/firewall

Please let me know if you have any resolutions.

Thanks

Al

Level 1
August

Cannot reinstall or update due to error 2. Cannot uninstall due to another version. Only installing the 7.4.30 version works, and only for a few minutes or hours until it is updated or something.

Win10

Level 1
August

Same Issue than @Eleanor and @Alastair

I have error code 2 when trying to install this update and my Dropbox doesn't launch since version 8.4.19.

Only solution for now: install old version 7.4.30 and disable autoupdate services. But Dropbox find someway to autoinstall new version daily...

I'm on Windows 7 x64

Please FIX it.

Level 1
August

why is there no Changelog anymore ?

Level 2
August

Same Issue than @Eleanor and @Alastair

I have error code 2 when trying to install this update and my Dropbox doesn't launch since version 8.4.19.

Only solution for now: install old version 7.4.30 and disable autoupdate services. But Dropbox find someway to autoinstall new version daily...

I'm on Windows 7 x64

Please FIX it.

Sounds familiar - have tried blocking update with firewall and UAC. See how long that holds.
Anyone know what is causing these problems??

Level 1
August

Experiencing the same issue and symptoms as @Philip, @doz, @Eleanor, @Alastair, and @John

My workaround was to install the beta build 9.3.44 (https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/210645026-Beta-Build-9-3-44). This isn't a great solution, but got the files syncing for now.

Windows 10, OS build 10586.545

Level 1
August

Today have same problem as Alastair P.

Uninstalled porogram and tried to reinstal... nut nothing to do!!  HELP

alocin66@gmail.com