cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 80.4.126

Stable Build 80.4.126

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

21 Replies 21

TiredLinuxUser
Helpful | Level 6

Simply unacceptable that you treat paid linux customers so shabbily.  Smart sync does not work on linux, and now selective sync has stopped working. How am I supposed to use dropbox. Can I demand full refund?  I am really tired and exhausted dealing with you folks. You made change my encrypted folders a few months back and now this. This is simply unaccepteble.

TiredLinuxUser
Helpful | Level 6

Do you have a timeframe for this fix. I am unable to use dropbox without selective sync.

starkruzr
New member | Level 2

Thank you for letting us know it's being addressed, but for now I cannot use the application until it's resolved as the storage volume for my Dropbox folder isn't close to large enough to hold everything stored in the company.

It would be really great if someone could let us know if there is a config file somewhere where this is configured, so that we can just modify that instead of having to wait for the dialog to be fixed.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Didn't work provided workaround (previous page)?

PeterMac
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for bring this up.  I have same issues in Ubuntu 18.04.  The Selective Sync button is not responsive.  This is an important feature for laptop users with limited HD space.

Thanks, Peter

John L.2
Dropbox Staff

Hi all,

Apologies for this issue and thank you for the reports.  The beta build should have a fix for this:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-81-3-185/td-p/363774

We are in the process of getting the fix into the stable build as well.

Thanks,

John

TiredLinuxUser
Helpful | Level 6

Do you have a timeline for getting this into the stable build?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hello @geoffa and @John L.2,

While the focus is on GUI, can you take a look on Ticket #9583201, which is fork of Ticket #9534992? Other GUI components had disappear or are showing inconsistent. Some seems never existed (references inside). I hope for a qualified Dropbox Engineering will not need persuasion that noted (in the tickets) is application bug. Your customer support colleagues seems can't understand that and also seems refuse forwarding to development team.

While on same topic, problem solving is usually easier (all at one). :wink: Hope very soon new stable build with all bugs fixed will be available.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

John L.2
Dropbox Staff

Hi!

Regarding the stable build, we are working on it right now and are aiming to have it out today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

John

geoffa
Dropbox Staff

Stable Build 80.4.127 is available with the fix for the Selective Sync issue on Linux, apologies again for the inconvenience.

Need more support?