cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Dropbox Version is Riddled with Bugs!

Stable Build 83.4.152

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

47 Replies 47

damianos
New member | Level 2

is this the latest version?

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Yes! @damianos. :slight_smile:

HenkPoley
New member | Level 2

This version still seems to install one (1) 32bit program, which will not run on macOS 10.15 Catalina:

```

/Library/DropboxHelperTools/Dropbox_u503/atos

```

You can easily verify this by running `mdfind "(kMDItemExecutableArchitectures == 'i386') && (kMDItemExecutableArchitectures != 'x86_64')"`, to find all 32bit software.

It might not be used, as `cd /Library/DropboxHelperTools/; sudo grep -r atos .` doesn't give any results.

Brian1
Collaborator | Level 10

It's time to make publishing release notes current with the release of the code a thing again. There should be very few occasions when that isn't possible for a company the size of Dropbox. Even 1-person shops on Github manage it.

giraffe94
New member | Level 2

Found a bug with Catalina Finder right click menu while in dropbox folder. Getting double the number of context menus. Pls fix!

bph2019
Helpful | Level 6

Greetings all,

After DB auto-updated to 83.4.152, I noticed that the block-level syncing doesn't seem to be detecting changes anymore for my VeraCrypt container.

Before the update, everytime I dismount my VC encrypted container, DB will index the file and compare the deltas at the block-level -- syncing the block-level changes.  However, after the 152 update, I've noticed that even with lots of changes in the VC container, after I dismount, DB detects no changes to the encrypted file.  I end up having a bunch of conflicts when trying to sync between machines via the "rename the file and rename it back" approach.

Could someone share resolution or your similar experiences if you're also using encrypted containers with DB?

Thanks,

BPH

FatCharlie
Helpful | Level 6

Hey there,

I have a similar problem. Dropbox updated on 17th october to the new version 83.4.152. Since then the uploads seem to take much much longer for large files (~600MB). Is incremental sync not working anymore? Bevor this version I had upload times around 15 sec till 1 minute. Now it takes 25 min till 45 min.

It seems there has been a negative change.

Like bph2019 I also use an encrypted container (but EncFSMP not Veracrypt).

Greetings

iiiyraegr
Helpful | Level 6

The latest version of Dropbox (v83.4.152) for Windows 10 is a complete cluster**** that has me scrambling to find a good alternative.  Problems include the following:

1. No delta-syncing: Small changes to the end of large text files result in lengthy sync times, whereas before, syncing was almost instant.

2. No compression for complete file syncs: New large text files added to Dropbox take far less time to sync when they are zipped versus when they are not zipped, implying that Dropbox is not compressing its data transmissions. It used to take the same amount of time to sync large files whether I zipped them first or not.

3. Dropbox in Windows locks files that are syncing: Previously, Dropbox did not lock the files it was syncing, meaning that my VBA code in Excel could open syncing files for reading or writing, and could even delete them. Now it can do none of these until Dropbox has finished syncing the file.

4. Exiting Dropbox causes Microsoft Excel 2016 to crash: If I click "Exit Dropbox" while Microsoft Excel 2016 is open (especially if it is running VBA code), Excel *instantly* crashes. Not every time, but very often.

Note that I have the Microsoft Offfice Add-On DISABLED.  The "Badge" is also disabled in preferences.

I did report the problems to technical support, but got an illogical reply asking for screenshots.   I'm hoping the problems are addressed more thoughtfully here.

RV3
New member | Level 2

Dropbox continuously crashes when it starts up saying  it "unexpectedly closed". I'm using this latest stable build and I try reinstalling it and it does nothing. What is going on! I'll need to find another service at this rate. Windows 10 x64

iiiyraegr
Helpful | Level 6

I should point out that I do NOT use any encryption containers, which I could imagine would pose challenges for delta-syncing.  So delta-syncing is just plain HOSED!

Need more support?