cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 89.4.278

Stable Build 89.4.278

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

32 Replies 32

bobas
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for using Dropbox! Here are the user-visible changes in v89:

• Updated text on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina consent dialog to increase clarity that Desktop directory access is required for screenshot upload feature. 
  • Fixed an accessibility issue so voice over now declares the correct number of rows for the member list in the sharing modal.
  • Linux 32-bit releases are now cross-compiled on 64-bit Linux 

PlsFixSyncing
Helpful | Level 6

Does this fix the perpetual "Syncing..." problem with version 88.4.172?

Graeme T.1
Collaborator | Level 9

Does this fix a bug with files >2GB not syncing (in either direction) on 32-bit Linux?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@bobas wrote:

• Linux 32-bit releases are now cross-compiled on 64-bit Linux 

Hi @bobas,

What actually this mean?! 32-bit builds was always possible to be used in 64-bit environment. What is the new thing here? :thinking: Aah... You have just discovered that's possible. :wink: Congratulations! :slight_smile:

The 64-bit build still has issues opening submenus! :unamused:

Server_Align
Collaborator | Level 10

@PlsFixSyncing wrote:

Does this fix the perpetual "Syncing..." problem with version 88.4.172?

Since the sync delay is due to what appears to be a TOTAL REINDEX for a new SQL engine you can expect its going to be in this version as well, even if they reversed the SQL engine back to the old method, then that one woiuld have to reindex as well so your still stuck.

Im as FRACKED OFF as can be, it takes  days / weeks for a reindex to complete on our data as we have 2TB+ in 600K+ files.

Any educated developers would know to migrate the database, but DB , Oh no lets just do a rebuild, who gives a stuff if it doesnt sync for days I mean our customers can lump it we are the gods of self amazement and the light shining from us well show the way.

Priase the D & the B for all sync shall come to those who wait for the weeks of reindex to pass, and the stale data shall be theirs for the taking.... SHOOT ME NOW!

hdmf
Helpful | Level 6

still endlessly 'Syncing...', still thrashing the drive at 100%. Zero indication of what's actually happening. This is pathetic. 

Graeme T.1
Collaborator | Level 9

@Graeme T.1 wrote:

Does this fix a bug with files >2GB not syncing (in either direction) on 32-bit Linux?

No, I can say it doesn't. I have a ticket opened with Support (for the previous version v88.4.172), and I've updated it to say that this version hasn't fixed the issue either.

PlsFixSyncing
Helpful | Level 6

Installing version 89.4.278 has not solved the "Syncing..." problem on Windows 10.

EDIT 2 Feb 2020: Uninstalling Boxifier solved my syncing issue. (It's not enough to exit Boxifier.)

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

This notice is about how we create builds when releasing them, not about running them.

Previously, we would use a 32-bit machine to compile the 32-bit Dropbox application.

Now we use a 64-bit  machine to compile the 32-bit Dropbox application.

There should be no regressions in functionality due to this, but, since the overall population of 32-bit users is small, we are unable to test every feature. This is a heads up so that users can tell us if they notice any problems.

Here is some more information about cross-compiling - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/897289/what-is-cross-compilation.

Need more support?