cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 89.4.278

Stable Build 89.4.278

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

32 Replies 32

fcorm
Explorer | Level 4

Is there a way to revert to build 88.4.172 and at the same time prevent auto-update? This Preview problem on MacOS X Catalina is really annoying as I work with PDF files all the time (I am a researcher), it also interferes with LaTeX!

Thanks.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @fcorm,

Take a look here.

Hope this can help you.

fcorm
Explorer | Level 4

@ЗдравкоThanks a lot, works like a charm!

Julien6767
Explorer | Level 4

@ЗдравкоThank you for this! 🙂 Quick question, where do you find the "Download earlier version of your choice"?

And also, to do what is mentioned in your link, do you need to uninstall the current version of dropbox install, and will it be able to overwrite it with the new earlier version of my choice?

Regards,

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Julien6767,

Download earlier version of your choice.

It's not mandatory to uninstall your current version, if not need for some other reason. Selected Install will override current install. Read more carefully for the unfreezing. :wink:

Hope this adds clarity.

terhorstj
New member | Level 2
I get this too - it’s not limited just to PDF though; I’ve also gotten this opening Screenflow and movie files OUTSIDE of my Dropbox folder. Also happens with other PDF apps, such as PDF Expert. Disabling the Dropbox extension resolved the issue.

tonyskate
Helpful | Level 5
Hey @Здравко, does this also work on Windows 10? Thank you

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @tonyskate,

Absolutely same - no, but equivalent - Yes. When you want, removing Deny mark will let Dropbox auto update again. You didn't mention explicitly and I assume you ask for revert to previous version. Alternative variants are also possible in all cases (just preventing updater process run, in cases there is such independent process - on Windows & Mac there is).

Hope this helps.

tonyskate
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Здравко, thanks but that did not help. Dropbox tries to update anyway and when I stop the process before it's done, Dropbox in older version is still stuck at syncing and eats CPU & disc.

It has been like that for about two weeks and Dropbox support does not care at all or more propably they don't have any solution and who knows if they are gonna ever fix it.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @tonyskate,

Probably you didn't notice:

@Здравко wrote:

... You didn't mention explicitly and I assume you ask for revert to previous version. ...

I'm commenting how you can revert Dropbox version, nothing more. I don't use Windows regularly, in fact, to be honest. I fully agree that Dropbox QA is very bad and need significant improvements, definitely. They use final users as some alpha testers (and all this for "stable builds")!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ivan_cwyiu New member | Level 2
    khote14 New member | Level 2
    tonyskate Helpful | Level 5
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?