cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Content Organization on Dropbox Business

Content Organization on Dropbox Business

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone,

My name is Youcef, and I'm a Product Manager at Dropbox working on Dropbox Business.

My team is currently looking into features to help teams organize better their content on Dropbox Business.

I would love to hear your current pain-points with content organization on Dropbox Business, if at all, and any ideas you might have that could make that better for you and for your teams.

Thank you so much.
Youcef

15 Replies 15

Veronique - SideMeet
New member | Level 2

@YoucefDropbox, 

I like a lot of pages that are being made with Dropbox or Dropbox Paper.  It would be nice if some example pages or section could be made into templates.

When adding files in a folder, they keep changing order. We can sort files according to size, name, etc. We can rearrange the order of the columns. But we cannot rearrange the order of our files, like dragging it down or up. Or as @mlippmann mentions a tree structure, which would mean being able to grab a section and dragging it up or down in your index list (not only within 1 folder).

BZN-Nils
New member | Level 2

As far as I'm concerned, so much of our issues have been solved with the new Collections.

We often use Trello for larger collections of documents and attaching the Dropbox file works great.

But for smaller sets, for one-off meetings, or even repeat use of multiple docs we were really stuck in email, creating aliases and shortcuts, even using webloc-links to refer back to Trello.

Only discovered it a day ago, but seeing how you can group and share your content from all over Dropbox without using folders, it's great; it's like a filter on a specific label really, and I'm looking out to see what else you could do (Collections in Collections, sharing granularity, presentation features…

I like it and noticed your thread, so thought I'd jump in—really want Dropbox to not ditch this beta.

missspencer
Explorer | Level 3

I see that the thread you mentioned is from two years ago, and technology may have advanced since then. However, the topics discussed are still relevant to content organization, and I'm here to offer some insights.

Even though the thread is older, your suggestion of having example pages or sections turned into templates for Dropbox or Dropbox Paper remains a great idea. Such templates can save time and make content creation more efficient.

In the context of SEO and content optimization, serpclix  might still be a valuable concept to explore. Techniques related to traffic bots and searchSEO can contribute to better content visibility and online performance.

Abir06103
New member | Level 2
Nice project

Abir06103
New member | Level 2
Super 👍👍👍

Abir06103
New member | Level 2
Okay 👍
Need more support?