Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

I am very sorry for my compatriots. About the commercial version of the trial

Explorer | Level 3

I saw a post online today. The content is a loophole in the Chinese version of the dropbox commercial trial, stealing your 3000T space to save their company's data. As a Chinese, I feel very sorry because my compatriots are using the good intentions of others to make self-interest for themselves, and the actions of this person will have a bad influence on all Chinese.

I sent this post, I hope that Dropbox can adjust the policy to avoid this happening, and ban the account of that person, to avoid more people to follow suit.

The post link address is: [link removed as per Community Guidelines]

The content of this post is currently circulated on twitter. The address is: 

[link removed as per Community Guidelines]

I am sorry for my compatriots again.

中文内容:(The English content is translate by Google translate)

今天在网上看到一个帖子。内容是一个中国人利用dropbox的商业版试用的漏洞,盗刷了你们3000T的空间,来保存他们公司的数据。

作为一个中国人,我感到很抱歉,因为我的同胞在利用别人的好心,来为自己谋私利,并且这个人的所作所为,会给全体中国人带来不好的影响。 我发这个帖子,希望 Dropbox 能够调整政策,避免这种情况的发生,同时封禁那个人的账号,避免更多的人效仿。

帖子链接地址为:[link removed as per Community Guidelines 这个帖子的内容,目前在 twitter 上也有流传,地址为:[link removed as per Community Guidelines] 再次为我的同胞感到很抱歉。

Tags (1)
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I am very sorry for my compatriots. About the commercial version of the trial

Dropboxer

@weiwenhuaming

首先,感谢您引起我们的注意。 我已确保将此传递给相关团队,他们已经意识到了这一点。

我想就你在那里解释的问题提几点。 如果您通过Dropbox取消订阅或试用,如果超过基本帐户的空间限制,则不会删除任何文件,这是正确的。

但是,虽然您可以访问存储在帐户中的内容,但您将无法上传任何新内容或同步任何已连接的设备。 这也适用于他们可能拥有的任何共享文件夹,没有内容可以上传到他们。

我希望这至少可以澄清几点 - 再次感谢!

-------

Hey there @weiwenhuaming,

Firstly, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve made sure to pass this along to the relevant team and they are aware of this.

I’d just like to mention a few points in relation to the matter you explained there. It is correct that if you cancel a subscription or a trial through Dropbox that no files will be removed if you’re over the space limit of a Basic account.

However, while you can access the content stored in the account, you will not be able to upload anything new or sync any connected devices. This also applies for any shared folders they may have too, no content can be uploaded into them. 

I hope that this can clarify a few points at least - Thanks again!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

1 Reply

Re: I am very sorry for my compatriots. About the commercial version of the trial

Dropboxer

@weiwenhuaming

首先,感谢您引起我们的注意。 我已确保将此传递给相关团队,他们已经意识到了这一点。

我想就你在那里解释的问题提几点。 如果您通过Dropbox取消订阅或试用,如果超过基本帐户的空间限制,则不会删除任何文件,这是正确的。

但是,虽然您可以访问存储在帐户中的内容,但您将无法上传任何新内容或同步任何已连接的设备。 这也适用于他们可能拥有的任何共享文件夹,没有内容可以上传到他们。

我希望这至少可以澄清几点 - 再次感谢!

-------

Hey there @weiwenhuaming,

Firstly, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve made sure to pass this along to the relevant team and they are aware of this.

I’d just like to mention a few points in relation to the matter you explained there. It is correct that if you cancel a subscription or a trial through Dropbox that no files will be removed if you’re over the space limit of a Basic account.

However, while you can access the content stored in the account, you will not be able to upload anything new or sync any connected devices. This also applies for any shared folders they may have too, no content can be uploaded into them. 

I hope that this can clarify a few points at least - Thanks again!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Dropbox Business
Community discussion

Welcome! Discussion like these allow you to get the most out of Dropbox Business.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I am very sorry for my compatriots. About the commercial version of the trial
1 Reply
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post