cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Discuss Business

Discuss all things Dropbox Business

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One business account, one personal account- how to combine both of them

One business account, one personal account- how to combine both of them

maplette_nz
Explorer | Level 3

I have one business account that I'm paying for, one personal account that is free

I want to close my business account, and use my personal account with a family member-- therefore I want to put the money I paid towards the Business account toward the Family one. 

Of course, I want ALL of my files to be transferred seamlessly from business to Family personal account. 

How do I do this without pulling my hair out? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changing from Plus to Family plan

Mark
Super User II

@maplette_nz 

You cannot. You need to wait until the Business Plan has expired and then set up a new Family plan. 

Thats exactly the same if you have Plus or Professional. You need to wait for them to downgrade and then re-upgrade. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Re: One business account, one personal account- how to combine both of them

v-i-v-a-a-n
New member | Level 2

IF YOU WANT TO COMBINE BOTH, Then you have follow these steps

1. Invite friends from personal account and increase space
  2. Download all files from your business account into your computer
  3. Sign in to Dropbox with your personal account.
  4. Move all the files from your computer to your personal account
  5. Close your business account
  6. Enjoy free Dropbox

maplette_nz
Explorer | Level 3

I get that.. but if I cancel my Business account, how do I get the money back, OR transfer it to my new subscription on Personal Family Sharing? 

maplette_nz
Explorer | Level 3

seriously, I'm going to use my apple account, and delete drop box. 

No support what so ever. I tried their BOT, mechanical crap. I emailed them, then they said to post on the community.

Sick of this

Mark
Super User II

Hi @maplette_nz 

I'm afraid you cannot transfer subscriptions from Business to another. 

You can cancel future payments for the Business one at www.dropbox.com/cancel and then when that happens take out a new personal one if you want - saves you paying for and having both. 

Note: to get a support reply use the account linked to the business one. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

maplette_nz
Explorer | Level 3

Sounds like I might get a  real answer for a real tech person that works for Dropbox. I asked this in the other Business Forum, and didn't get an answer. 

How can I change my Business Account that I paid until June 2022 to the Family Plan WITHOUT losing my money, and transferring the money over.

Mark
Super User II

@maplette_nz 

You cannot. You need to wait until the Business Plan has expired and then set up a new Family plan. 

Thats exactly the same if you have Plus or Professional. You need to wait for them to downgrade and then re-upgrade. 

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    maplette_nz Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?