cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Discuss Business

Discuss all things Dropbox Business

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sponsor an independent user group of Dropbox business customers.

Sponsor an independent user group of Dropbox business customers.

Curmudgeon
Helpful | Level 6

This "community" is great, but not an effective mechanism for independent feedback from your primary revenue stream - business customers.  Like virtually any real software company (Oracle, SAS, SAP, etc.) we should have a user group that acts as advisors to your product management and development resources, setting real priorities and timelines.  By keeping this all "behind the curtain", no one really trusts the count or emphasis the enhancement requests are given, and quite honestly, I'm tired of having new "improvements" announced that a) aren't needed or wanted and b) I can't opt out of.  

I get it, I've spent a lot of years in the software industry, and some things, you add to the product for competitive reasons, and to grow market share.  That's all well and good, but if you don't start getting responsive to those who pay the bills, it can be quite dire to your business.  Box has made huge strides in it's technology, UI, desktop app and pricing.  I'm not a big fan of iCloud or OneDrive, but I'll make them work if I can't get value out of Dropbox.  

1 Reply 1

Re: Sponsor an independent user group of Dropbox business customers.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Curmudgeon, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

I just wanted to mention that we've passed your feedback along the dev team internally.

Let us know if you have anything else to add.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?