cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App permissions and management for teams?

App permissions and management for teams?

steinn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We're developing an app which has Dropbox integration, and were wondering if it is possible to create a Dropbox app and grant other members of our team access to manage it?

Two of us have opened https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps and created apps, chosen the business account (as opposed to our personal dropbox account) as the owner of the app:

dropbox-app-owner.png

However neither of us can see apps created by the other, and find no way to share it among users of our business organization.

I've looked around the various consoles and searched for documentation on this, but I have come up short.  Is the solution to create a company-owned Dropbox account which is shared between the developers who need access to the same app?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's correct, unfortunately there currently isn't a way to share access to the app's settings page with other users, or have an app owned by the team itself, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

That being the case, creating an account explicitly for the sake of owning and managing the app(s) is a workaround that some people use. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's correct, unfortunately there currently isn't a way to share access to the app's settings page with other users, or have an app owned by the team itself, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

That being the case, creating an account explicitly for the sake of owning and managing the app(s) is a workaround that some people use. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

steinn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for a prompt solution, no need to apologize 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

steinn New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?