cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

Apps folder name seems to be localized

Explorer | Level 4

I'm living in Sweden, using an English Windows, and is currently building an application that uses the Dropbox folder API integration, e.g. when a user authorizes my application to access Dropbox, a dedicated folder is created in Dropbox at /Apps/<my appname>.

However, when a beta tester, also living in Sweden and using a swedish Windows, performed authorization the path instead was /Appar/<my appname>. Appar is a literal translation of Apps to Swedish.

I find it unlikely that the beta user has customized this folder name, since he's not a power user AFAIK. Could you confirm that the folder name is localized automatically, and in that case provide a list of what different names users in different countries will encounter? I need this info for when localizing the instructions around how the user authorizes etc.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Apps folder name seems to be localized

Dropboxer

Yes, Dropbox does localize the "Apps" folder name depending on the locale set on a user's account. 

Dropbox does not offer official documentation with the full list of the localizations for reference unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be documented though. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Apps folder name seems to be localized

Dropboxer

Yes, Dropbox does localize the "Apps" folder name depending on the locale set on a user's account. 

Dropbox does not offer official documentation with the full list of the localizations for reference unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be documented though. 

View solution in original post

Developer & API Discussions

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Developer & API Discussions.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.