cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an app in the app console programatically on behalf o user?

Can I create an app in the app console programatically on behalf o user?

namiqismayil
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I am developing an outlook add-in that will have Dropbox Chooser implementation in it.

To use the Dropbox Chooser, the user needs an app key to pass to 

Dropbox.choose(options);

My question is, to give the user a better experience, can I create the app on behalf of the user ( after authentication) and retrieve the app key to use on my code?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dropbox doesn't offer a way to programmatically create new apps. You shouldn't have to do so anyway. When building an app, you as the developer should just register the app once, and then use the resulting app key in your app, for all users. The app key only identifies the app, and can be used to connect to any number of different end-users.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dropbox doesn't offer a way to programmatically create new apps. You shouldn't have to do so anyway. When building an app, you as the developer should just register the app once, and then use the resulting app key in your app, for all users. The app key only identifies the app, and can be used to connect to any number of different end-users.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?