cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disable permission details

Disable permission details

balait
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am new on dropbox, I connect the app to my local website, but each and every time while login to ask permission of these below permission details,

1)Before you connect this app...
2)would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox

how to disable these things and connect straight to my app as a default,

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1) This "Before you connect this app" notice is not shown if the app is in production mode. If you want to remove this notice, you should apply for production for your app. 

2) This is the actual authorization step where the user decides whether or not to allow the app to connect to their account. It's not possible to completely bypass this, but note that once you do get an access token for the user, you can store and re-use that for future use without further manual user intervention; you don't need to send the user through the authorization flow each time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1) This "Before you connect this app" notice is not shown if the app is in production mode. If you want to remove this notice, you should apply for production for your app. 

2) This is the actual authorization step where the user decides whether or not to allow the app to connect to their account. It's not possible to completely bypass this, but note that once you do get an access token for the user, you can store and re-use that for future use without further manual user intervention; you don't need to send the user through the authorization flow each time.

balait
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank for your reply 

i am working on localhost, is it possible to change my app from developer mode to production mode...i connected my app to localhost, they will provide approval for production?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Production status can only be set by Dropbox. To request that we change your app from development mode to production, you'll need to apply for production. We'll then review your app and the information you provide.

You can find more information on the process here. You can submit your request using the "Apply for production" button on your app's page on the App Console

balait
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks Greg K. for your reply. i changed developer mode to production mode and fill the forms as provided.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! We'll review your request soon and reply by email.

Need more support?