cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Extensions - Is it possible to create/publish a Dropbox Extension?

Dropbox Extensions - Is it possible to create/publish a Dropbox Extension?

Sean_Q
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I'm currently assigned to create a Dropbox Extension.

I read the Dropbox API documentation. I created a Business trial account (Advance). However, there was nothing about the submission/publishing of extensions.

I also stumbled upon the Dropbox Partners Portal and successfully registered a Tech Partner Account for the company I'm working in. Unfortunately, I also did not found anything about the extensions.

I think this portal is not maintained anymore because:

• General, Marketing, and Technical resources are not available. (even the Welcoming Resources also does not exist)
  • The copyright year in the footer also displays 2017.
  • There is no KYC, or some kind of evaluation process to verify if the information given is authentic.

I could be wrong though, maybe there's an article or an announcement about this which I have not read yet.

So is this new feature only for companies chosen by Dropbox?

Will this ever be open to the public submissions/publishing?

Or maybe this is already open to the public and I'm just looking in the wrong places?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54192191/dropbox-extensions-is-it-possible-to-create-publish-a-d... ]

Thanks for the post. Right now, this is only available to select partners chosen by Dropbox, and I can't make any promises as to if/when it would be made publicly available. I've sent this along as a request to make this more generally available in the future.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Sean_Q, I moved your post here; perhaps some like-minded community members will have some more ideas to share on this with you. 

In the meantime, I’d also recommend checking this thread out for some info that you may find helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54192191/dropbox-extensions-is-it-possible-to-create-publish-a-d... ]

Thanks for the post. Right now, this is only available to select partners chosen by Dropbox, and I can't make any promises as to if/when it would be made publicly available. I've sent this along as a request to make this more generally available in the future.

Sean_Q
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Alright thanks Greg. I hope that it will be made public in the future.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I just wanted to follow up on this thread to let you know that the Dropbox "Extensions" feature is now publicly available. You can find information on it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/lp/developers/reference/extensions-guide

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Sean_Q New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?