cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending dropbox "Open with" menu with custom option

Extending dropbox "Open with" menu with custom option

iyushchuk
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone!

I want to add a new button to the dropbox "Open with" dropdown. It should send selected file to my application. I have browsed documentation and didn't find a solution how to do this. Can you please help me, if it is possible at all?

Kind regards

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @iyushchuk,

This is strongly dependent on the platform you take in mind. For example: for Android would be enough, for example, to include appropriate filter entry to your application Intent filter. :wink:

Hope this gives some direction.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@iyushchuk Are you referring to the "Open with" functionality on the Dropbox web site in particular? Right now, this is only available to select partners chosen by Dropbox, and I can't make any promises as to if/when it would be made publicly available. I've sent this along as a request to make this more generally available in the future.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I just wanted to follow up on this thread to let you know that the Dropbox "Extensions" feature is now publicly available. You can find information on it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/lp/developers/reference/extensions-guide

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?