cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I get the share url of a local dropbox file using vb.net

How do I get the share url of a local dropbox file using vb.net

ElsayedGamal
Explorer | Level 3

Hello my dear friends

I use Dropbox folder by setup Dropbox program in my computer When I have to get a direct link to any file in Dropbox folder just I go to Dropbox folder in my computer and choose that file and right click by mouse and select copy direct link of that file

How I do that by vb.net I want to browse for file and select it and get that direct link by vb.net

And I am sorry for my bad English

54545454.png

6 Replies 6

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ElsayedGamal, while the link is temporarily copied in your clipboard & you could paste it across platforms (though your IDE might be an exception), I’m interested in what you have in mind as an ideal end-result. Would you like to incorporate that within your code somehow? If you could elaborate a bit on what you’d like to achieve, I’ll do my best to check back on our resources & see if there’s a way to get going on that. Thanks in advance! 

[Brief sidenote: Your English is perfect by the way, it all makes perfect sense! 😊]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ElsayedGamal
Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Jane 

thanks to my dear friend for fast replay

I created this  magazine by vb.net

44444.png

and I make a small program to control it like add new or edit or delete

65565.png

when I copy the file to my Dropbox folder in my pc 

I need to get the link of this file programmatically to use it in my program

Rich
Super User II

You'll need to use the Dropbox API for that.

ElsayedGamal
Explorer | Level 3
How I use Dropbox API for that? @Rich

Rich
Super User II

That's something for you to determine, using the documentation I linked above. The API is a programming interface for Dropbox, intended for people that are developing applications that will interact with Dropbox.

Read through the documentation and post questions in the API section of the forums.

Need more support?