cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ListFolderAsync() ,windows form appliocation c# Dropbox api

Issue with ListFolderAsync() ,windows form appliocation c# Dropbox api

Not applicable
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using ListFolderAsync() to fetch all files from particular folder of DropBox.

code : var list = await dbx.Files.ListFolderAsync(folderPath, true);

So,i am getting all path of files which is inside the folder and subfolders using PathDisplay.

code : 

foreach (var item in list.Entries.Where(i => i.IsFile))
listBox1.Items.Add("Name :" + item.PathDisplay); }

But all file pathDisplay not coming in order means first few file path of main folder afterthat some subfolder file path and again main folder file paths, So how can i get filespath in order like first subfolder file paths and than main folder files paths?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @anonymous,

:grinning: When you make a call to a native OS API, are you receiving results ordered somehow? :wink: Every application arranges the result in a target sequence or use some library to achieve this.

Hope this helps to some extent.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @anonymous,

:grinning: When you make a call to a native OS API, are you receiving results ordered somehow? :wink: Every application arranges the result in a target sequence or use some library to achieve this.

Hope this helps to some extent.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Anonymous The Dropbox API doesn't guarantee a particular ordering of folder list results, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Like Здравко said, you can apply whatever ordering you want in your application code.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?