cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need help DropBox integration with POSTMAN

Need help DropBox integration with POSTMAN

azeezgaa
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to search my files which are uploaded in Dropbox from POSTMAN. Can anyone please help me with the Search API with which i can used in POSTMan

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57399506/need-help-on-integrating-dropbox-with-postman ]

We'll be happy to help with any questions or issues you have regarding the Dropbox API. Can you elaborate more on what you're currently stuck on? Please share any relevant code and error output that may help illustrate what you're trying to do and what isn't working. (Make sure you don't post your access token itself though.)

azeezgaa
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Greg. I am pretty new to Integrate and my customer wants to integrate Dropbox with Servicenow application.

Prior to this i am trying to integrate with POSTMAN, i am trying to search for a Folder which is available in my Dropbox account.

I am getting "Error in call to API function "files/create_folder:2": Unexpected URL params: "path", "autorename""

Postman image.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! That's helpful. That error message is indicating that the API call failed because the endpoint doesn't expect those two URL parameters you supplied. 

The /2/files/create_folder_v2 endpoint is an RPC style endpoint, meaning that it expects the API call parameters to be sent as JSON in the request body, not URL parameters. Try removing those from your "Params" settings and put them as JSON in the "Body" instead.

I also recommend using the API v2 Explorer, as it can be very helpful in prototyping and testing out Dropbox API v2 calls. (Click the "Show Code" button to see how the code for a particular call should look.)

Need more support?