cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find my own account_id?

Where can I find my own account_id?

NJF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

To make a sucessful call to:  https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/users/get_account,
I need to provide (my own) account_id.

I am trying to access my own account via the api v2 bypassing the OAuth flow, but using the app registration page generated access token, using node and axios, directly calling the api not using any sdk. In the 'data:  {}' part, I need to provide an account_id.

It looks like this: "dbid:AAH4f99T0taONIb-YourACIDWxbNQ6ywGRopQngc".

Where can I find that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To access the account information, including the account ID, for the account for the access token you're using, you should use the /2/users/get_current_account endpoint instead of /2/users/get_account.

That doesn't take any parameters, and instead just returns the account information based on the access token used for the call.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To access the account information, including the account ID, for the account for the access token you're using, you should use the /2/users/get_current_account endpoint instead of /2/users/get_account.

That doesn't take any parameters, and instead just returns the account information based on the access token used for the call.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?