cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Business Account

Developer Business Account

Philippe V.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

We are looking at integrating my application with Dropbox Business API. Is there a way we can do that without opening a business account? Free trial accounts might be possible, but is there a way to make sure those accounts never convert to actual billing (beside remembering to cancel them)?
We wouldn't want to be charged for virtual users.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We now have the ability to offer developers access to a free Dropbox Business Development Account. This will allow you to test your app using a standard Dropbox Business team. You can request one using this online form. Once the team approves your request, you’ll be sent instructions by email to set up your development account. 

Note that development accounts are granted on a by-request basis and are contingent on additional terms and conditions outlined in the request form. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. I hope this allows you to better test your applications in the future. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, we don't have a system for setting up test accounts for developers for the Dropbox for Business API right now, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a request. That being the case, the only real option currently is to use trials like you mentioned.

Apologies I don't have a better solution right now!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We now have the ability to offer developers access to a free Dropbox Business Development Account. This will allow you to test your app using a standard Dropbox Business team. You can request one using this online form. Once the team approves your request, you’ll be sent instructions by email to set up your development account. 

Note that development accounts are granted on a by-request basis and are contingent on additional terms and conditions outlined in the request form. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. I hope this allows you to better test your applications in the future. 
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?